New Position to Address RFID Privacy
- Islands of automation. // Frontline Solutions;Jan2000, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p50
Reports on the radio frequency identification (RFID) tags from HID installed in the information technology equipment purchased by the Virgin Islands government. Reason for installing the tags; Features of the RFID tags.
- RFID asset management system to U.S. Virgin Islands. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Oct99, Vol. 36 Issue 10, p65
Reports the radio frequency identification (RFID) asset management system used by the Virgin Islands government. Use of QueTel Corp.'s Asset ID TraQ software system; HID Corp.'s ProxTrak RFID readers/scanners/tags; Symbol Inc.'s handheld, portable data terminals; IBM Asset ID RFID tags embedded...
- HID Licenses Proximity Tech. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Sep99, Vol. 29 Issue 12, p34
Focuses on HID Corp.'s license agreement with Ademco Security Group. Chance for Ademco to incorporate HID's radio frequency identification technology into its access control products; Efforts to establish HID brand of proximity technology as the recognized worldwide standards in the security...
- ADC in brief. // Frontline Solutions;May2000, Vol. 1 Issue 5, p44
Presents news briefs related to automatic data collection systems as of May 2000. APT Smart Solutions' release of its TagWare software for building radio frequency identification (RFID) applications; HID Corp.'s products and partnerships that add to its line of RFID-based asset management...
- MIT, HID Collaborate on RFID. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Apr2006, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p15
The article reports the joint effort between the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and HID Corp. to conduct a public forum to discusses radio frequency identification (RFID) and public policy in the United States. The joint effort also aims to examine RFID uses for personal identification...
- HID Corporation. // Government Security;Dec2005, Vol. 4 Issue 8, p23
This article presents information on HID Corp., a pioneer in the high security industry. It is informed that HID manufactures contactless access control cards. It pioneered the development of radio frequency identification technology for physical access control. Its specialized card...
- RF/ID explosion: Assets, multi-reads. Maddry, Terry // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Dec98, Vol. 35 Issue 12, p55
Describes advances in radio frequency identification (RF/ID) technology and trends in the RF/ID market. Evolution of RF/ID; Components of RF/ID systems; HID Corp.'s partnerships for its ProTrax Asset Management Solution Program; Security applications of Microchip Technology Inc.'s RF/ID chips.
- TECH NEWS. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Jul2000, Vol. 37 Issue 7, p12
Focuses on technological advancements in the security systems industry in the United States, current as of July 2000. Dallas Semiconductor's development of a ring featuring a microcomputer; U.S. military officials' utilization of radio frequency tags to keep track of its vehicles, weapons and...
- INDUSTRY Calendar. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Sep2005, Vol. 42 Issue 9, p81
Presents a schedule of events relating to the security industry as of September 2005. American Society for Industrial Security International Conference and Business Exposition; Door and Hardware Institute's 30th Annual Conference & Exposition; RFID Supply Chain Solutions 2005.