- Condensing-Boiler Tips. // Heating/Piping/Air Conditioning Engineering;Sep2007, Vol. 79 Issue 9, p72
The article offers tips for maximizing efficiency of condensing boilers. Low heating-water return temperature (HWRT) enables boilers to operate the majority of time in condensing mode. It is advisable to use industrial-quality pressure-independent control valves at coils. Boiler capabilities...
- Products. // Supply House Times;Jul2005, Vol. 48 Issue 5, p40
Features several plumbing, heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration products in the United States. Press-to-connect copper fittings and valves; Hydronic catalogs; Circulators; Residential boilers; Chemical waste drain system.
- FREE LITERATURE. // Heating/Piping/Air Conditioning Engineering;Oct2007, Vol. 79 Issue 10, p22
The article evaluates several catalogsgs from the heat, piping and air conditioning industry in December 2007 including a boiler brochure from Aerco International Inc., an air-conditioning-technology guide from Daikin AC Inc. and a valve-products catalog from Tideflex Technologies.
- Taco's Loadmatch System Provides Maximum Comfort For College Building. // PM Engineer;Jan2011, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p38
The article discusses the use of Taco's single pipe LoadMatch system in the heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system of the pharmacy college building at D'Youville College in Buffalo, New York. The system includes two Patterson Kelly natural gas condensing boilers and Taco's...
- Cooling off. // Education Week;5/10/95, Vol. 14 Issue 33, p4
Presents a map diagram showing the percentage of schools in the United States that have an air conditioning system.
- Cool deal. Liette, Terrance // Consulting-Specifying Engineer;Mar98, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p58
Describes the cooling system installed at Columbia Elementary School in Ohio, which lowers energy costs and ensures reliable operations. Use of static ice-building tanks; Location of the school's chiller and ice tanks; Utility assistance; School officials' concern about the noise generated by...
- Cooler schools in summer mean ductless sales are up. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;7/01/96, Vol. 198 Issue 9, p10
Reports on the increase in demand for the installation of ductless mini-split systems in the public school buildings in southeastern Michigan. Factors behind the increase in demand; Systems preferred by public schools.
- Geothermal water-source heat pump makes its debut at middle school. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;9/11/95, Vol. 196 Issue 2, p9
Reports that the New North Royalton Ohio board of education has reduced its heating, ventilation and air conditioning (hvac) budget for its new middle school, by choosing a geothermal heat pump for space conditioning. Use of heat pumps and individual controls for classrooms, the gymnasium,...
- Editors choices. // Contractor Magazine;Dec2006, Vol. 53 Issue 12, p19
This article features the top building products chosen by editors of "Contractor" magazine for 2006, including the Karsten line of two-piece toilets from Sterling, an oil-fired high efficiency condensing boiler from Peerless, and the Series N360/N360I brass vacuum relief valves from Watts Regulator.