Marian E. Koshland Integrated Natural Science Center
- Cool electronics for hot A/C. Murray, Aengus // Machine Design;1/8/2009, Vol. 81 Issue 1, p70
The article provides information on ways for energy efficient air conditioning technology. It states that energy regulation for heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) systems has been one of the primary problems in the engineering industry. The innovations in motor design and control...
- Design and document building systems. Bentley // Engineered Systems;Feb2005, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p106
The article reports that company's HVAC program offers a fully integrated, comprehensive solution for the design and documentation of a building's environmental system. The program also provides support for many international and regional industry standards.
- WHAT IS (or isn't) In a name? Dickens, Kevin V. // Engineered Systems;Aug2002, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p36
Focuses on the relationship between the concepts of innovative, good and green designs for heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems. Highlights of building automation; Perception of the design; Strategies of the macro approach.
- ZMA Members Answer Tough Questions. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;6/16/2003 Supplement, Vol. 219 Issue 7, p16
Presents a question-and-answer advisory on heating, ventilation and air conditioning zoning. Application of zoning technology; Importance of the education of the contractor; Zone control systems.
- Literature. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;6/24/96, Vol. 198 Issue 8, p13
Presents various literature on air conditioning, heating and ventilation. Includes publications on `Red Fox' NRF wet rotor circulator; ventilation products; Outdoor reset controls.
- Static Pressure: Bypass Sizing Keys To Zoning. Siegel, James J. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;5/27/2002, Vol. 216 Issue 4, p16
Discusses the importance of static pressure and bypass sizing in zoning. Confusion among contractors about what to do with the `extra' air; Airflow criteria in design of heating, ventilation and airconditioning equipment; Limitation of static pressure to 0.1 in. wc.; Sizing the bypass in 1990...
- Zoning Provides Alternative To Traditional Comfort Selling. Hall, John R. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;11/4/2002, Vol. 217 Issue 10, p12
Focuses on zoning as an alternative to traditional comfort selling by heating, ventilation and air conditioning (hvac) contractors. Discussion of the topic during a seminar on zoning at the Texas chapter of the Air Conditioning Contractors of America 2002 Fall Conference; Advantages of selling...
- SERVICE HOTLINE. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;11/4/2002, Vol. 217 Issue 10, p16
Presents a forum on heating, ventilation and air conditioning (hvac) service. Residential unit; Plugged cap tubes; High-pressure system; Oil logging.
- Hvacr designer tips. McKew, Amanda E. // Engineered Systems;Aug98, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p34
Presents design tips for heating, ventilation and airconditioning systems. Drawing checklist; Design checklist; Value engineering tips.