Getting to the Heart of the Matter
- BETTING ON BETTER CONTROLS. Turpin, Joanna R. // Engineered Systems;May2002, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p44
Focuses on the renovation of Harrah's Casino & Hotel in Las Vegas, Nevada. Installation of a bas system controlling virtually every piece of heating, ventilation and air-conditioning equipment at the hotel; Advantages of the system; Utilization of the APEX global controller. INSET: Simon...
- Gilded Age Mansion Updates System. Turpin, Joanna R. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;8/29/2005, Vol. 225 Issue 18, p9
Reports on the upgrading of the heating equipment at the Blantyre mansion following its conversion into a hotel in Lenox, Massachusetts. Date of the construction of the house; Details on the renovations of the mansion; Use of boilers to provide the heating for the entire building.
- New Systems Earn Praise From Schools. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;8/30/2004, Vol. 222 Issue 18, p38
Reports on the installation of an HVAC system in the East Maine School District No. 63 in Illinois. Upgrading of the school buildings' windows, lighting and mechanical systems; Factors considered by the contractors in renovating the school buildings; Features of the HVAC systems of the building.
- CD. Howe Renewal. // Canadian Consulting Engineer;Mar/Apr2010, Vol. 51 Issue 2, p17
The article discusses the renovation of the heating and cooling system of C.D. Howe Building, a 30-year old office building in Ottawa, Ontario. It states that the chilled water distribution and air treatment systems had reached their useful service lives. It notes that the building's temperature...
- ASHRAE chooses systems for headquarters renovation. // Snips;Oct2007, Vol. 76 Issue 10, p68
This article reports on the decision by the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air Conditioning Engineers to approve the renovation of its headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia, in 2007. Once completed, the headquarters will feature two separate heating, air-conditioning, and ventilation...
- HÃ´tel Royal. Peppiat, Michael // Architectural Digest;Apr2003, Vol. 60 Issue 4, p174
Features the HÃ´tel Royal in Evian-les-Bains, France. History of the structure; Renovation of the hotel; Services available.
- Roman Games. Monroe, Linda K. // Buildings;Apr99, Vol. 93 Issue 4, p52
Discusses the renovation of gaming establishment Caesars Atlantic City in Atlantic City, New Jersey. Primary reason for the modernization of the structure; Budget and construction timespan; Information on the architectural firm in charge of the project; Need to address structural changes.
- Opryland plans major changes. // Hotel & Motel Management;12/15/97, Vol. 212 Issue 21, p50
Presents details on the changes planned for Opryland Hotel in Nashville, Tennessee. Closure of the theme park adjacent to the hotel; Reason for the move.
- Face Lifts. // Hotel & Motel Management;3/4/2002, Vol. 217 Issue 4, p44
Reports renovations and expansion projects of hotels at the Doubletree Hotel Ontario Airport and Salt Lake City Marriott Downtown Hotel in California.