O subsistema americano, Rio Branco e o ABC
- FOREIGN RELATIONS. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Democratic Republic ;Sep2005, p7
Focuses on the foreign policy of the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC). Factors that enable Congo to garner support from the West; Cause of the crisis in the DRC.
- FOREIGN RELATIONS. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Denmark;Jul2005, p8
Provides information on foreign relations of Denmark. Basis for the establishment of foreign policy; Activeness in international efforts to integrate the countries of central and eastern Europe into the West; Proactiveness in endorsing and implementing counter-terrorism measures.
- U.S.-POLISH RELATIONS. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Republic of Poland;April 2005, p15
This article presents information related to the relations between Poland and the U.S. The U.S. established diplomatic relations with the newly formed Polish Republic in April 1919. However, during the 1960's, reversion to a policy of full and unquestioning support for Soviet foreign policy...
- FOREIGN RELATIONS. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Mauritius;Aug2005, p4
Provides information on the foreign relations of the island of Mauritius as of August 2005. Description of the relationship of Mauritius with India and African countries; Organizations involving Mauritius; Factors influencing Mauritian foreign policy.
- CHINA AND THE BALANCE OF POWER. Scalapino, Robert A. // Foreign Affairs;Jan1974, Vol. 52 Issue 2, p349
This article focuses on the contradictory elements of power and weakness that manifest the unique qualities of China, and shape Chinese attitudes and policies in the international arena. Most of the critical problems confronting other emerging states are present in China, exacerbated in certain...
- FOREIGN RELATIONS. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Sao Tome & Principe;Oct2005, p6
Provides information on the international relations of Sao Tome and Principe. Expansion of diplomatic relationships; Basis for foreign policy.
- U.S.-MOLDOVAN RELATIONS. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Republic of Moldova;May2005, p6
Focuses on the trends in the diplomatic relations between Moldova and the United States in 2005. Impact of the dissolution of the Soviet Union in December 1991; Recognition of the country's independence by the United States on December 25, 1991; Opening of an American Embassy in its capital,...
- Popularizing International Politics: Human Agency and the Politics of World Order. Weinert, Matthew S. // Perspectives: Central European Review of International Affairs;Summer2009, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p5
This article articulates a politics of the world as process, which is imperative as globalizing forces render boundaries unintelligible; tarns-border issues occupy international public policy makers as subjects for global governance; and human agents increasingly act in the realm of world...
- THE DEVELOPMENT OF CANADIAN FOREIGN POLICY. Pearson, Lester B. // Foreign Affairs;Oct51, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p17
This article looks into the development of Canadian foreign policy. It notes that Canada is neither a great nor an overseas Power; and only occasionally can her voice be influential in deciding the policies of the free world. The key to Canada's present position in international affairs and to...