Discovery's Hispanic Fare Gets Real
- TLC To Debut Reality Series. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;3/10/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 10, p6
Reports on the plan of TLC, learning television network of Discovery Networks U.S. to broadcast four lifestyle reality series. Focus on the engaged couples and their wedding; Plan of Discovery Network for its documentaries commitment; Release of the documentaries by CameraPlanet.
- Discovery Asks or More Upfront. A. B. // Broadcasting & Cable;4/11/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 15, p52
Reports on plans of Discovery Networks to improve its advertising rates in the U.S. Percentage of an expected increase in cable advertising rates of the network; Background on ratings received by Discovery Channel in the first quarter of 2005; List of reality television programs launched on TLC.
- Gauls galled over doc coin for 'Popstars' James, Alison // Daily Variety;10/22/2001, Vol. 273 Issue 36, p12
Reports on the reaction of French television production representatives to the decision of granting 800,000 francs in documentary aid to the reality show 'Popstars.'
- Muslim scholars score a hit on Malaysian reality show. Yeow, Julia // South Asian Post;7/22/2010, p20
The article offers information on the Malaysian reality show "Young Imam" wherein ten contestants, aged 18-27, of different status, from cleric to student to businessman and farmer, competing for the cash and fame.
- FACE-OFF. RUDGE, CHARLOTTE // InStyle;Jun2011, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p50
This article compares the main characters of the reality television shows "Jersey Girls" and "Jersey Shore."
- 4 THINGS WE'D LOVE TO ASK THE... JENNER SISTERS. // Dolly;Aug2014, Issue 524, p14
The article enumerates the questions that the periodical staff want to ask the Kardashian reality television family, including favorite name starting with the letter K, member of the family with the best dance moves and reason behind Kylie dyeing her hair green.
- Are short-run reality series a long-term fix? Ryan, Leslie // Electronic Media;1/13/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p1A
Reports on the strategy adopted by broadcast networks. Emphasis on short-run reality series as medium and long term solution for certain time slots; Creation of time slots for reality television shows by cable network channels ABC and CBS; Popular reality shows of different cable networks.
- How to tame the rude tube. McGovern, Celeste // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;03/02/98, Vol. 25 Issue 11, p28
Presents complaints of Alberta parents on the television viewing habits of their teenaged children. The distressing amount of reality-based programming; The continuous pushing of limits of the program content; Shows popular among teenagers, such as `Dawson's Creek' and `Jerry Springer'; The...
- On the Air. Rice, Lynette; Keck, William // Entertainment Weekly;4/4/2003, Issue 703, p90
Provides updates in television industry as of April 2003, including the reality show of singers and couple, Nick Lachey and Jessica Simpson.