THIS JUST IN
- CABLEVISION VISION. Amdur, Meredith // Daily Variety;5/22/2003, Vol. 279 Issue 33, p8
Reports on the offer of cable company Cablevision for Universal Studios and Universal Music. Terms of the proposed deal; Share price of Cablevision; Impact of the offer on the company's plan to sell its cable system to Time Warner Cable.
- DOLAN'S FOLLY? Farrell, Mike; Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;7/21/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 29, p1
Examines the controversy with regard to Cablevision Systems Corp. chairman Charles Dolan's plans to start a direct-broadcast satellite service called Rainbow DBS. Cost of Cablevision's satellite; Speculation regarding the satellite; Proposed date for providing commercial services using the...
- Cablevision Adds Latino Tier in N.Y. Applebaum, Simon // Multichannel News;7/28/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 30, p35
Reports that Cablevision Systems Corp. has deployed a Latino digital tier to New York City metropolitan area households. Number of Spanish-languages network started by the company; Monthly rent of the network; Types of programs available on the network.
- Why Cablevision Can't Get Respect. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;6/20/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 25, p14
Discusses the issues surrounding New York city-based cable television company Cablevision Systems Corp. as of June 2005. Information on the operations of Cablevision; History of the company; Services provided by the company for its customers. INSET: MONEY TALKS.
- Cable's regulated run. Hall, Lee // Electronic Media;03/22/99, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p50
Focuses on developments related to cable television regulations in the United States as of March 22, 1999. Background on the industry's history; Introduction of regulations designed to protect consumers; Impact on the industry; End of regulation on March 31, 1999.
- The cable rules, they are a'changin' Woods, Mark // Variety;03/16/98, Vol. 370 Issue 5, p29
Focuses on the plan of the Australian government to ban pay television (TV) operators from retransmitting terrestrial signals without payment. Cable networks involved in the retransmission issue.
- Hands off. McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;12/07/98, Vol. 17 Issue 50, p1A
Cites the concerns of top media executives attending the 1998 Western Show in Anaheim, California about the threat posed by the United States government intervention to the future growth of the cable industry. Implication of America Online's legislative campaign to get access to cable's...
- Stations stay for no pay. Flint, Joe // Broadcasting & Cable;10/11/93, Vol. 123 Issue 41, p6
Reports on the agreement reached by cable operators and broadcast stations on retransmission consent. Victory for cable operators; Deals for cable channels, ad trades and promotional time.
- Hanging tough. // Broadcasting & Cable;10/11/93, Vol. 123 Issue 41, p14
Reports on network affiliates' continued bargaining for cash-for-retransmission consent inspite of previous agreement reached on retransmission consent. Loss of cable carriage; KRIS-TV, KIII(TV) and KZTV in Corpus Christi, Texas; WCSH-TV and WGME-TV in Portland, Maine; KBAK-TV in Bakersfield,...