PEOPLE & CALENDAR
- Just a glorified trade fair. Brown, Maggie // New Statesman;9/5/2005, Vol. 134 Issue 4756, p15
Discusses the conference of television executives in England in 2005. Comments about the conference and the speeches that were made; Comparison to previous conferences; Assumption that the festival has changed in spirit and focus; Lack of quality in television programming.
- Industryites cozy up at Arab confab. Meza, Ed // Variety;5/9/205, Vol. 398 Issue 12, p32
Reports on the first Arabia Conference in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Organizer of the event; Television broadcasting companies that send executives to attend the conference; Broadcast and marketing executives who attended the meeting.
- NATPE floor shows signs of rebound. Guider, Elizabeth; Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;1/19/2004, Vol. 282 Issue 15, p1
Reports on the highlights of the National Association of Television Program Executives conference in Las Vegas, Nevada. Increase in the number of attendance during the conference; Discussion on the problems of the business; Return of major companies in the conference.
- NAPTE back at the Bay. ELIZABETHY GUIDER // Daily Variety;3/29/2006, Vol. 290 Issue 64, p6
The article reports on the National Association of Television Program Executives' plan to hold its 2007 Conference and Exhibition on January 15 to 18, 2006 at the Mandalay Bay Resort in Las Vegas, Nevada. It discusses the related Mobile ++ Conference will be held concurrently. The dates for the...
- PREVIEWING NATPE '06. Grossman, Ben // Broadcasting & Cable;11/7/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 45, p11
Previews the 2006 conference of the National Association of Television Program Executives. Date and venue of the conference; Highlights of the event; Keynote speaker.
- In the Company of Giants. Haley, Kathy // CED;Nov2003 Supplement, Vol. 29, p3B
Reports on the induction of a number of television industry executives as new members of the Cable Hall of Fame in Denver, Colorado. Background of the inductees; Details on the programs and activities; Contribution of the awardees to the vitality of the cable television industry.
- 'The men and women who control broadcasting believe that television is an idiot's lantern' Cox, David // New Statesman;12/9/2002, Vol. 131 Issue 4617, p27
Deals with the skepticism of television executives in Great Britain on the capacity of television broadcasting and programming to make sense of the news. Tasks society could require of the media; Evaluation of television networks and their television programs; Criticisms on broadcast...
- Networking. // Cable World (10427228);3/25/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p42
Presents news on some cable television network executives in the U.S. as of March 25, 2002. Recipient of the Time Warner Cable 2001 High School Cranial Crunch championship trophy; Partnership between Lifetime Television and New York Women in Film and Television.
- BalvÃn dismissal called political charade, poorly timed. Dragomir, Marius // Prague Business Journal;12/2/2002, Vol. 7 Issue 46, p1
Reports on key issues relevant to the dismissal of Jiri Balvin, executive head of Czech Television. Control of the country's public broadcaster; Details about the dismissal; Implications for the broadcasting sector; Struggle between politicians and lobbyists.