Starz Adding an Animation Arm
- Liberty Media bonds Starz, IDT. // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;9/5/2006, Vol. 395 Issue 49, p68
The article presents information about the merger of the company IDT Entertainment with Starz Entertainment Group LLC. IDT Entertainment was recently acquired by Liberty Media Corp. Starz Entertainment is a subsidiary of Liberty Media. The merged company will be responsible for the production...
- A Growing Fancy for Comic Book Fantasies. Ruth, João-Pierre // njbiz;5/31/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 22, p8
Reports on the plans of IDT Entertainment, an affiliate of Newark's IDT Communication, to become a major animation studio through the production of films and television programs. Partnership of the company with the Todd McFarlane Productions to produce the television series "Spawn;" List of...
- Animation nation. Andersen, Kurt // New Yorker;06/16/97, Vol. 73 Issue 16, p7
Focuses on the rising popularity of animation movies and animated television programs in the United States. Animation programs in cable networks; Emergence of animation movies; `Who Framed Roger Rabbit?'; `The Little Mermaid'; `The Simpsons'; `Hercules'; `King of the Hill'; `Freakazoid'.
- Anime-nia! Kiffel, Jamie // National Geographic Kids;Jan/Feb2003, Issue 327, p23
Reports on the popularity of the Japanese cartoons called anime in the United States. Reasons behind its popularity; First well known anime series; Information on some anime cartoons seen in the U.S.
- High-tech wave helps Kenya build its toon biz. Vourlias, Christopher // Variety;11/28/2011, Vol. 425 Issue 3, p4
The article considers the production and direction of animated films and television programs in Kenya, using the animation studio Homeboyz Animation as an example of the increase in animation production in that country.
- Meet my shorts. Mallory, Michael // Hollywood Reporter;1/24/95, Vol. 335 Issue 36, pS-14
Focuses on the return of seven-minute theatrical cartoons in the United States. Efforts to revive the `old way' of cartoon making; Hanna-Barbera's financing of 48 director-driven cartoon shorts; Cost of theatrical cartoons.
- World beat. Schwartz, Robert; de la Fuente, Anna Marie // Hollywood Reporter;1/24/95, Vol. 335 Issue 36, pS-30
Reports on the global success of animated films and television shows. Japan's obsession with animation; Plans to create stronger presence of animation in the Latin American market; Division in Australia's animation industry; Funding incentives provided by Telefilm Canada; Increased activity in...
- 10 Things We Loved About 2012! // Animation;Jan2013, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p26
The article lists the top animated films and television shows of 2012 including the film "The Pirates! Band of Misfits," the film "Wreck-It Ralph" and the television series "Gravity Falls."
- What Animation Means to Meâ€¦. // Animation;Apr2012, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p74
The article provides several answers to the question of what animation means to the individuals interviewed including the storyboard artist Brad Ableson, the animated television program creator and producer Dan Povenmire and the animation designer and director Phil Mendez.