Discovery Finds Place on iTunes
- 'Lost' in Transition: iPod's Wakeup Call. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;11/7/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 46, p30
Reports on the video-enabled iPod deal between Apple Computer Inc. and Walt Disney Co. in the U.S. Value of downloaded television programs per episode; Significance of the iPod deal to Disney; Information on a danger faced by cable operators with their video-on-demand platform.
- TV on the Net: Ready for Prime Time? McCracken, Harry // PCWorld;Apr2006, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p15
The article reports on the arrival of the day of the video download on the Internet. Every once in a while, a technological development switches into fast-forward mode without warning. If you downloaded a TV show across the Internet on October 11, 2005, chances are you were cheerfully trampling...
- Surviving Planet Earth. Subramanian, Anusha // Business Today;3/25/2007, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p66
The article reviews the television program "Planet Earth" produced by Discovery Channel.
- Apple Offers New Television Shows on iPod. Javier, Pedro Valle // Caribbean Business;12/29/2005, Vol. 33 Issue 51, p35
The article reports that Apple Computer Inc. is offering new television shows on iPod. An unprecedented lineup of new primetime, cable, late-night, and classic TV shows including primetime hits and late-night favorites may now be viewed on a computer or iPod available on the iTunes Music Store....
- UNIONS WANT SLICE OF VIDEO IPOD PIE. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Retailing;10/23/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 43, p10
Reports on the compensation expected by unions within the U.S. entertainment industry for television programs distributed on Apple Computer's new video iPod digital device as of October 2005. Television programs from ABC TV and Disney Channel that Apple Computer would soon begin offering; Price...
- Appie picks Eye skeins. Learmonth, Michael // Daily Variety;6/9/2006, Vol. 291 Issue 49, p4
The article reports that CBS Broadcasting Inc. has loaded six television programs for sale on Apple Computer's iTunes music store. The shows include "Survivor," "Numbers," "NCIS," "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation," "CSI: Miami," and "CSI: NY." It will be sold for $1.99 an episode. Episodes from...
- Apples & Oranges. Wickham, Rhonda // Wireless Week;10/15/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 21, p4
Gives reasons for asserting that the Apple's video iPod would not be as successful as the MP3 version. Flaw in the business model of the video iPod; Technologies for recording and playing television programs; Lack of good television programs; Importance of a computer in the use of video iPod.
- WATCH ANY VIDEO ON YOUR iPOD. Haney, Mike // Popular Science;Jan2006, Vol. 268 Issue 1, p76
The article presents information on playing video on iPod. Downloadable television shows were released by Apple through the iTunes Music Store. Several video file types such as AVI can be converted by free tools into files compatible to iPod. Commercial DVDs can not be played on iPod due to its...
- Discovery in HK deal with Cable TV. // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;11/14/2003, p11
Discovery Networks Asia has struck an agreement that allows it to offer a portfolio of five channels on rival Cable TV's digital platform. Under the new agreement, Animal Planet and Discovery Travel & Adventure will be offered on Cable TV's basic package, while Discovery Health, Discovery...