A World of Change Behind the Curtain
- Where has all the knowledge gone? Gall, Don // CED;Sep2002, Vol. 28 Issue 9, p56
Comments on electronic learning products and consulting services in the cable television sector. How software allows technicians to find the calculated distortions that they should expect at any active location they are troubleshooting; Implications on cable television.
- Television service providers in the Tucson area. Yager, Tanya // Inside Tucson Business;08/09/99, Vol. 9 Issue 20, p16
Presents a chart related to top eight television service providers in Tucson, Arizona ranked by number of subscribers.
- Top cable companies in New York City. Cullen, Jennifer Felser; Bouillon, Nathalie // Crain's New York Business;1997 Book of Lists, Vol. 12 Issue 53, p27
Presents a list of the top cable television companies in New York City, ranked by the number of subscribers in 1996.
- FCC Grants EAS Waivers to Small Ops. Enrich, David // Multichannel News;6/10/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 23, p43
Focuses on the rule set by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) for small cable operators in participating the national Emergency Alert System (EAS) in the U.S. Complaints of the small operators on the technological upgrades set by FCC; Date for the extension of the deadline; Companies...
- CABLE MODEM U.S./CANADA CUSTOMER COUNT REACHES 2.7 MILLION. // Modem Users News;Jul2000, p4
Estimates the number of cable modem subscribers in North America. Comparison between subscribers of cable modem and digital subscriber line; Number of broadband Internet customers served by United States and Canadian cable operators; Customer rankings of companies with installed cable modems.
- Cable, the value-added medium. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;05/12/97, Vol. 127 Issue 20, p90
Speculates on the payoffs of starting cable television networks. Walt Disney Co.'s purchase of Capital Cities/ABC Inc.; Strong financial characteristics of cable programming; Cost of starting a cable programming network business; Annualized rate of return of a straight start-ups; Digital...
- Psst, Wanna Buy a Muni Cable Net? Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;5/5/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 18, p14
Reports on the proposed sale of a municipal cable system operated in Trion, Georgia. Alternative cable and Internet services to be provided in the city; Attempts to take the cable system away from municipal control; Proposed date for opening the bid for the cable system.
- SIP Trunking as a Business Service. Junkus, Justin J. // Communications Technology;Nov2007, Vol. 24 Issue 11, p18
This article focuses on session initiation protocol (SIP) trunking as a business service. SIP trunking is a form of telephony service that cable operators can provide to business customers. The larger the business, the more likely it will use trunks, rather than individual lines because of the...
- FAST TRACK. // Broadcasting & Cable;3/1/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 9, p31
The cable television network HBO kissed Sex and the City goodbye last Sunday night to the shows biggest audience of the season. The series finale attracted 10.6 million viewers with a 6.5 national household rating and a 10 share, according to Nielson Media Research. In the HBO-only universe of...