Peace Declared in Marin
- The tech is in place. Now, go out and build a loyal customer base. Moyer, Jenni // Cable World (10427228);7/14/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 28, p34
Talks about the growing communications services offered by cable television operators. Information on video-on-demand launched by Comcast in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; Requirements to a successful product launch.
- Cities losing cable power. O'Malley, Chris // Indianapolis Business Journal;12/18/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 42, p3
The article reports on the dozen of video providers in Indiana which filed for statewide video franchises. One is Comcast Corp. that sent out letters to people in Indianapolis and other metro-area cities informing them on its discard of local cable franchise agreements. These operators are no...
- Cox Cable and Southwestern Bell join forces for UK franchises. Amdur, Meredith; Flint, Joe // Broadcasting & Cable;3/8/93, Vol. 123 Issue 10, p43
Details the agreement between Cox Cable and Southwestern Bell's UK franchise to develop and acquire cable franchises. The deal was one of the UK cable industry's largest investments to date; Cox's initial 25 percent interest in the cable TV-telephony business; Other partnerships between...
- Cable industry $200,000 blitz kills Cambridge TV franchise bid. // Library Journal;2/1/1984, Vol. 109 Issue 2, p130
Reports that the City of Cambridge, Massachusetts and the Cambridge Public Library have lost a referendum election that would disallow them to take part in the bidding for a cable television franchise. Phone campaign launched by cable industry and the charges made by the campaign against the...
- Giving the cable industry something to gush about. Wallace, David J. // America's Network;2/15/95, Vol. 99 Issue 4, p36
Profiles Comcast Corp., a cable television company based in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Segments of the telecommunication industry which Comcast is involved in; Comcast Metrophone as a cellular operator owned by the company; Business and management strategies used; Marketing; Joint ventures...
- Comcast's thePlatform reaches for cloud with Virtual TV Framework. // CED;Oct2013, Vol. 39 Issue 10, p31
The article reports that Comcast Corp.'s thePlatform has launched its Virtual TV Framework, which allows cable service providers to replicate their 24-hour, live, linear programming and video on demand (VOD) television services via the cloud.
- Comcast to start new minority-owned cable channels. // Chicago Citizen - South End Edition;2/29/2012, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p4
The article reports that Comcast Corp. has announced the launch of its four minority-owned networks for its cable-television systems.
- C3 stepping out with a capital idea. Flint, Joe // Variety;03/17/97, Vol. 366 Issue 7, p25
Looks at developments concerning cable firm Comcast Corp.'s programming division Comcast Content and Communication (CCC) in the United States. CCC as majority owner of cable network E! Entertainment Television; Rich Frank as chairman of CCC; Structuring of CCC as a venture capital firm; Ability...
- Comcast faces service hassles in Detroit. Estrella, Joe // Multichannel News;01/31/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p10
Reports on the problems being faced by Comcast Corp. in Detroit, Michigan. Service problems and possible financial penalties; Default on service standards on cable franchise.