Hey, Cable: Buy This Gem
- Retrans Feuds Ease Up. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;6/22/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 25, p20
The article reports on the possibility of the decline on the re-transmission-consent volume by the broadcasters and pay television service providers in the U.S. It has been anticipated that the controversy between cable operators and the station groups can be solved. The relationship between the...
- Top 20 Cable TV Networks, 2003. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2004, p268
Lists the top 20 cable television networks in 2003, including TBS Superstation, ESPN, C-SPAN and Discovery Channel.
- Discovery is ready to take Picnic slot. // Media Week;11/27/2007, p5
The article reports on the tie-up between Discovery Channel and Sky for the Picnic slot in November 2007. Sources monitoring the negotiations say that it is a done deal and Discovery is ready to join the Picnic line-up on Sky's pay television service. Sky also announced that Disney Channel will...
- Cable's Friendly to Families, Beta Finds. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;4/19/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 16, p20
Provides information on the survey entitled, "2004 Beta Research Brand Identity Study." Top cable television stations that are family-oriented; Perceptions of viewers on advertising clutter; Networks described as entertaining.
- In Demand's Events Get two Channels. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;8/18/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 33, p2
Deals with the plan of cable television network In Demand to convert two of its pay-per-view channels to events-only outlets. Reason behind the move; Types of programs to be offered by the channels; Details on the channel's distribution and viewers.
- The Great Divide. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;3/29/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 13, p1
Focuses on the gap between broadcasting and cable networks. Advertising rates of cable and broadcasting networks; Actions taken by broadcasters to compete with cable networks; Strategies of cable channels in attracting viewership.
- ESPN's Action-Packed Highlights Reel. Schley, Stewart // Multichannel News;9/6/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 36, p16
Focuses on the development of the Entertainment and Sports Programming Network (ESPN) in Connecticut. Broadcast network model followed by ESPN; Relationship of ESPN with the cable industry; Historic achievements of the industry. INSET: ESPN DRIVES DISNEY'S CABLE REVENUE ENGINE.
- Spike To Start, Finally, Aug. 11. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;7/28/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 30, p19
Reports on the renaming of cable television network from The National Network to Spike TV on August 11, 2003. Overview of the programs to be displayed on the channel.
- ESPN Classic plays with originals. Dempsey, John // Variety;5/31/2004, Vol. 395 Issue 3, p17
Discusses the condition of U.S. cable television station ESPN Classic in the television broadcasting industry, as of April 2004. Increase in the number of the station's subscribers from 1997 to April 2004; Factors which affected the station's ratings; Plan for the programming of the station.