Emotional Problems of Physically Handicapped Adolescents - a Study of Ten Adolescent Boys
- NATIONAL HEARING WEEK May 4-10. // Exceptional Children;Apr1952, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p206
The article focuses on the study that seeks to determine the emotional problems of physically handicapped adolescents in the U.S. During the group discussion, most of the subjects were at ease in talking about practical problems rather than emotional ones and they also conveyed fantasies of...
- Adventures in dating. Barnhill, Carla // Campus Life;Mar/Apr99, Vol. 57 Issue 8, p67
Offers a solution to a teenage dating dilemma. Boy's complaint about always having to spend for the date; Girl's complaint about her boyfriend's tightwad nature; Looking at the problem as both a financial issue and a question of affection.
- Meet the parents. Bill; Dave // Girls' Life;Dec2005, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p30
The article presents questions and answers related to personal relationships of teenage girls with boys. One of the questions is from a girl who likes a person and he likes her too. But he wants her to have holiday dinner at his house and meet his folks. A guy who makes such a sincere gesture as...
- have a happy break-up! benson, elisa // Seventeen;Apr2011, Vol. 70 Issue 4, p154
The article offers tips on how to end relationships. It says that admitting the need for space is good, after which both parties can either split for good or work through their issues right away. According to the author, it can help to ask a best friend to step in when getting too flirty with an...
- mushballs! Williams, Patrice // Cosmo Girl;
This article presents comments of teenage boys on what they want their dates to give them on Valentine's Day.
- HOW I GOT The Girl. // Dolly;May2006, Issue 427, p138
The article relates the love stories of three teenage couples. One couple met at the beach. They also occasionally meet at various parties. For their second year anniversary, the boy cooked an Italian dinner and they had a sunset picnic in the park. While another couple were school bus mates....
- Effects of a Dependent Group Contingency on the Verbal Interactions of Middle School Students with Emotional Disturbance. Hansen, Spencer D.; Lignugaris/Kraft, Benjamin // Behavioral Disorders;Feb2005, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p170
This study examined the effects of a dependent group contingency to increase positive verbal interactions among nine middle school-aged males in a self-contained classroom. Prior to implementing the group contingency, the students received social skills instruction. A withdrawal experimental...
- Self-reported behavioural/emotional problems in Norwegian adolescents from multiethnic areas. Heyerdahl, Sonja; Kvernmo, Siv; Wichstr�m, Lars // European Child & Adolescent Psychiatry;2004, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p64
Self-reported behavioural/emotional problems were studied in 2647 15ï¿½18-year-old high school students by Youth Self-Report (YSR), Symptom Checklist (SCL-12) and a Conduct Problem scale. The response rate was 85%. The respondents were from three ethnic groups in northern Norway: indigenous...
- the dating game... Stelio, Nedahl // Cleo;
Presents an article on group dating. Activities of a couple; Definition of the term group hang; Significance of group hang on dating.