Do manufacturers of brand-name drugs engage in price competition? An analysis of introductory prices
- Pharmaceutical industry battling losses internally and in court. Wylot, Robert // Warsaw Business Journal;4/22/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 16, p3
Reports the changes in drug regulatory prices in Poland. Lack of transition period; Decrease in the prices of foreign-made drugs; Authority in suing the government of companies affected by the lack of transition period.
- Surging drug costs will be hard to tame. Goldblatt // Business News New Jersey;11/29/99, Vol. 12 Issue 44, p24
Reports on the increasing of drugs and other pharmaceutical products in the United States. Reasons for the said increase; Estimated increase in consumer spending on prescription drugs; Actions taken by concerned entities to address the problem.
- Prescription Benefits. Goldblatt, Dan // Business News New Jersey;6/26/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 26, p10
Focuses on the challenges faced by the United States pharmaceutical industry. Pricing pressures; Need of maintaining an unrestricted profit margin to pay for the research and development of future drug breakthroughs; Desire of insurers for big discounts on prescription drugs.
- Settlement doesn't solve pricing practices inequity. // Drug Store News;2/12/96, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p29
Reports that the settlement proposed by pharmaceutical manufacturers to resolve the class-action discriminatory pricing suit filed by independent pharmacists will not solve pricing practice inequity, according to the National Association of Chain Drug Stores president Ronald L. Ziegler. Terms of...
- No relief in sight for rising drug costs. Connors, Kristine // Managed Healthcare Executive;Jul/Aug2001, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p13
Reports on the continuous rise in pharmaceutical prices in the United States. Factors attributing to such industry trend; Reaction of American consumers to the continuous rise in drug prices in the country; Expectations that drug benefit packages in the country might begin to change during the...
- Prescription Blackmail. Buell, John // Humanist;Sep/Oct99, Vol. 59 Issue 5, p42
Focuses on the regulation of the prices of drugs in the United States (US). Legal monopoly of pharmaceutical corporations; Activities to which pharmaceutical companies spend their income on; Policies of US President Bill Clinton on prescription drugs.
- News update. // Materials Management in Health Care;Apr99, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p11
Reports on the increase in overall prices for medical care commodities in February 1999, according to the United States Labor Department's Consumer Price Index report. Increase in prescription drug prices; Decline of over-the-counter drug prices.
- States battle for drug discounts. Wechsler, Jill // Managed Healthcare;Dec2000, Vol. 10 Issue 12, p15
Reveals that United States consumers are taking the campaign for drug price relief to state legislatures. Lack of congressional response to the problem; Maine's adoption of a program that pressures pharmaceutical companies to negotiate lower prices with state agencies; Vermont's extension of...
- Drug hikes. // Budapest Business Journal;1/27/2003, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p1
Reports on the price increases for 5,283 drugs on the Hungarian state subsidy list which took effect on February 1, 2003. Average price increase of the drugs; Criticism of the price hike from the Hungarian pharmaceutical industry; Additions to the list of subsidized drugs.