News @ a glance
- (HIV/AIDS) States Can Vie for $20M in Ryan White Part B Funding. // Community Health Funding Week;1/1/2010, p10
The article offers information on Ryan White Part B HIV Care Grant Program. It is stated that 20 million dollars have been allocated for the program. Part B funding is used to assist states in developing or enhancing access to a comprehensive continuum of high quality, community-based care for...
- Utilization of Health Services in a Cohort of Intravenous Drug Users With Known HIV-1 Serostatus. Solomon, Liza; Frank, Richard; Vlahov, David; Astemborski, Jacquie // American Journal of Public Health;Oct91, Vol. 81 Issue 10, p1285
Background. Intravenous drug users (IVDUs) with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection and AIDS often have no health insurance or rely on public programs to finance their health care. We examined the independent contributions of HIV serostatus, clinical symptoms, CD4 cell counts, and...
- The Price of Success The Cost of Failure. // UN Chronicle;Jun-Aug2001, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p15
Focuses on the global plans for the prevention of AIDS. Implementation of measures for the availability of resources; Provision of health funds; Adoption of poverty reduction strategies.
- AFC: HIV services underfunded by $22 million. // Windy City Times;3/17/2010, Vol. 25 Issue 24, p6
The article focuses on the claim of the AIDS Foundation of Chicago (AFC) that HIV care and prevention services are underfunded in the fiscal year 2011 budget of the U.S.
- AIDS funding drops for Springfield. Giordano, Scott A. // Bay Windows;7/1/1999, pN.PAG
Reports on a decline in funds received by Springfield, Massachusetts from the federal Ryan White CARE Act, which provides AIDS funds, in 1999. Reaction of AIDS activists to the issue; Reasons for the decline in the funding.
- Advocacy groups concerned about level of HIV/AIDS funding in Obama health initiative. // Infectious Disease News;Jun2009, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p12
The article reports that some advocacy groups are concerned that the $63 billion global health initiative proposed by U.S. President Barack Obama may not include sufficient fund for human immunodeficiency virus/acquired immune deficiency syndrome (HIV/AIDS).
- San Diego lacing up for AIDS Walk. Church, Monica // Gay & Lesbian Times;9/21/2006, Issue 978, p16
The article announces the 17th annual AIDS Walk, which is a donation-based fundraising event for HIV/AIDS support and research in San Diego County, California slated on October 1, 2006 in Balboa Park. The event was established in 1989 to help finance care and prevention programs. Participants...
- Koch Official Defends City's AIDS Spending. Freiberg, Peter // Advocate;3/19/85, Issue 416, p12
Reports on the funding of AIDS prevention programs in New York City as of 1985. Overall AIDS program pursued by the administration of Mayor Edward Koch; Comments from gay critics of the Koch administration's AIDS spending policy.
- $12 Million Cut In Reagan's AIDS Budget. Walter, Dave // Advocate;3/19/85, Issue 416, p16
Reports on the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services' reduction of funding for AIDS-related activities in its fiscal 1986 budget. Comparison with the government's AIDS budget in the previous year; Purpose of the cutbacks in AIDS spending.