RAPPER REMEMBERS SLAIN FRIEND
- Let's bury the eulogy. FIELD, JAMES // U.S. Catholic;Nov2010, Vol. 75 Issue 11, p29
The author argues that a eulogy should not be a part of a Catholic funeral mass. He cites how eulogy is not a part of Catholic practice and notes the two purposes of the Christian funeral, according to the Catholic Order of Christian Funerals (OCF), which are to commend the dead to God's...
- feedback. O'Donnell, Laura; Stefancik, Rudy; Conley, Rita; Koss, Phyllis; Mateny, MaryJo; Skinner, Christine Way; Ragen, Brian Abel; Ryan, Kevin; George, Kathy; Warren, Elizabeth; Lagomarsino, Mary Caye; Corr, Finbarr M.; Roth, Peter; Leetch, Dan; Bromley, Mike; Rizzo, Rosetta T.; Hompson, Sandra; Nichols, Frederick W.; Johnston, Angela; Fry, Joan // U.S. Catholic;Nov2010, Vol. 75 Issue 11, p32
The article presents several comments from readers regarding eulogy. Various examples of eulogy are mentioned including the best ones ever heard wherein the deceased's life and faith and his achievements are cited, the worst experiences with a eulogy including one wherein drunk members of the...
- Community to honour the memory of slain officer. Petten9, Cheryl // Saskatchewan Sage;Aug2006, Vol. 10 Issue 11, p1
The article presents information on the tribute paid to Royal Canadian Mounted Police constables Robin Cameron and Marc Bourdages, who were shot in the head following a high-speed chase near Spiritwood, Saskatchewan. In their honor, flags were flown at half-mast across the province on July 21,...
- Put in a good word. GALLAGHER, PATRICK // U.S. Catholic;Oct2010, Vol. 75 Issue 10, p37
The author reflects on the significance of eulogies at funerals and wakes. He cites the democratizing nature of eulogies and notes that an individual can learn more about the deceased from the eulogy. He also indicates that the mere act of eulogizing is an attempt to make things right and that...
- Understanding Thanatechnology. Webster, Bill // Canadian Funeral News;Apr2012, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p14
In this article the author reflects on the growth of thanatechnology, which means "study of death,' using technology like Internet. It is given that symbols conserved by almost all cultures to honor their dead are turning into digital and people are using computer to help them remember,...
- TAPS. Aloff, Mindy // New Republic;12/21/92, Vol. 207 Issue 26, p12
Presents information related to Charles Coles, an African-American dancer in New York City. Details about the funeral of Coles; Information on the personal and career background of Coles; Discussion of qualities of Coles as an artist; Popularity achieved by Coles in comparison with white...
- Burial perks now available. // Employee Benefit News;Jan1999, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p35
Reports on the offering of affordable funerals and burials by Eulogy International as an employees benefit.
- Tribute to former President Richard M. Nixon. Kissinger, Henry A. // Vital Speeches of the Day;6/1/94, Vol. 60 Issue 16, p484
Presents the speech of the former United States secretary of state delivered during the April 1994 funeral service for former President Richard M. Nixon in California.
- Eulogy for former President Richard M. Nixon. Wilson, Pete // Vital Speeches of the Day;6/1/94, Vol. 60 Issue 16, p485
Presents the speech of the governor of California delivered during the April 1994 funeral service for former President Richard M. Nixon in California.