IN PRAISE OF THE URBAN YARN SHOP
- Knit One, Purl Two. Lester, Laura R. // Oklahoma Today;Jan/Feb2008, Vol. 58 Issue 1, p19
The article reports on the decision of businesswoman Keely Northup to open a Sealed With a Kiss (SWAK) knit shop branch in Oklahoma City in December 2007. She notes that knitting became popular because of its stress relief. The second store in the state is located at the Red Cup Square which...
- Yarn & Notions Resource Guide. // Creative Knitting;Jul2011, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p91
A list of yarn manufacturers and suppliers of knitted products is presented, which include Berroco Inc., Moving Mud, and Cascade Yarns.
- Yarn & Notions Resource Guide. // Creative Knitting;Autumn2013, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p129
A list of several yarn shops in the U.S. and Canada is presented including Artizanwork, Inc., Bernat and Berroco Inc.
- Browsing With Latte. Murrow, Lauren // New York;3/8/2010, Vol. 43 Issue 7, p42
The article offers information on several new stores in New York City that also sell food and drinks aside from their wares including glassware and furniture store Urban Vintage, yarn store La Casita Yarn Shop and surfing equipment store Saturdays Surf.
- Yarn & Notions Resource Guide. // Creative Knitting;Summer2014, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p129
No abstract available.
- yarn shop DIRECTORY. // Interweave Knits;Spring2014, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p102
The article presents a directory for yarn shops in the U.S. including Knitty Stash in Homer, Alaska, Knot Just Knits in Oak Park, Illinois, and The Yarn Boutique in Lafayette, California.
- Spinning a Successful Yarn. DuBois, Karen // Business NH Magazine;Oct2015, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p10
The article offers information on Yarn and Fiber Co. in Derry, New Hampshire. Insights of co-owner Cyndi Catt about the business, the craft of knitting and crocheting, and the classes and workshops held in the store, are provided. It mentions the importance of local sourcing, the growing...
- THE NAME GAME. LONG, CINDY // Crochet!;Jan2010, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p66
The article offers information on the names of yarn shops. The author states that when she searched the Internet, she found funny names of yarn shops such as Beauty Is Only Skein Deep. She notes that there are also original names such as String Me Along and Hooked On Yarn. She also comments on...
- Untitled. // Crochet!;Winter2014, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p79
No abstract available.