ANOTHER USE FOR THE SHOELACE
- Basic Knitting Instructions. // Love of Knitting;Winter2014 Special Issue, p92
The article offers information on the basic instructions for knitting and crochet. Topics discussed include the recommended categories and sizes of yarn, needle and gauge ranges, the standard knitting and crochet abbreviations, and the different styles and methods in knitting including binding...
- Techniques. Dupernex, Alison // Start to Knit;2008, p12
The article offers step-by-step instructions for knitting techniques including making a slip knot, casting on yarn, and knitting a garter stitch.
- CROCHET SOLUTIONS 101. SIMS, DARLA // Crochet!;Winter2012, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p29
The article presents questions and answers related to the art of crocheting including one on crochet ribbing, one on yarn weight, and one on estimating the amount of yarn needed to finish another row.
- yarn shop DIRECTORY. // Interweave Knits;Fall2014, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p128
No abstract available.
- Pattern information. // Machine Knitting Monthly;Nov2013, Issue 190, p66
The article presents pattern information for machine knitting. It lists several knitting abbreviations for chain, double crochet and main tension. The article also discusses machine conversion, mock rib instructions and quick cast-iron and presents several tables for industrial yarn counts,...
- Before You Begin. // Knitting Cuff to Cuff: A Dozen Designs for Sideways-Knit Garment;2007, p10
The article offers various suggestions for knitting a good sweater. It suggests that before crocheting a sweater, there should always be the knitting of a swatch for checking the gauge. The yarn which is about the same general thickness as the main yarn should be chosen for scrap knitting. It is...
- Fingerless Cotton Bed Gloves. // Crochet World;Oct2005, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p8
The article offers step-by-step instructions on crocheting a pair of gloves. It outlines materials and tools that are needed and offers tips on ribbon weaving.
- Basic Knitting Instructions. // Love of Knitting;Special Occasions 2013, p92
The article discusses basic knitting instructions for different types of stitches. It presents standards and guidelines for crochet and knitting as well as categories of yarn, gauge ranges, and recommended needle and hook sizes. The definitions of several knitting and crochet abbreviations are...
- Knit Two. Fontaine, Robert // Saturday Evening Post;4/21/1945, Vol. 217 Issue 43, p30
Presents an article about knitting. Examples of knit goods; Satisfaction derived from knitting.