A NOTE FROM THE EDITOR
- DATA POINTS. // Newsweek;5/9/2005, Vol. 145 Issue 19, pE2
Presents statistics for various subjects including: the percent increase in knit shirts imported from China, spending for Mother's Day, and percentage of college-educated women with infants who work part time.
- Modern motherhood. // Christian Science Monitor;5/7/97, Vol. 89 Issue 113, p17
Opinion. Presents the author's views concerning Mother's Day. Why the author likes Mother Day; Information on the changing role of fathers and mothers; Author's personal wish for Mother's Day.
- Loving specials for mom's day out. McCollough, Kathy // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);5/06/96, Vol. 43 Issue 19, p67
Suggests places to go on Mother's Day in Long Island, New York. Description; Contact information.
- Proclamation 6999--Mother's Day. Clinton, Bill // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;5/12/97, Vol. 33 Issue 19, p671
Highlights the United States President's proclamation that designated May 11, 1997, as Mother's Day. Proclamation 6999's tribute to all mothers; Observance of the special day.
- Piety, Commercialism, Activism: The uses of Mother's Day. Schmidt, L.E. // Christian Century;5/8/91, Vol. 108 Issue 16, p522
Examines the various ways in which the Christian church observes Mother's Day. Origins of the holiday; Advent of Mother's Day commercialism; Activism in connection with the holiday; More.
- Troutlilies for Mother's Day. Giordan, Alma Roberts // America;5/8/1993, Vol. 168 Issue 16, p4
Ponders the author's memories about gathering flowers along the riverbank for Mother's Day, and any other occasion she could thing of. Modern day pollution of the small riverbank; Her delight at coming across a small colony of troutlilies; Her contentment at their never-say-die statement.
- Thanks, mom! Isaakberg, Javier // Hispanic;May1993, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p10
Discusses the significance of Mother's Day to Manuela Rendon, executive director of Headstart for Neighbors in Need of Services Inc. in south Texas. Anna Jarvis being credited for the creation of Mother's Day; Hispanic mothers.
- Don't just say you love me...prove it! Krance, Magda // Redbook;May93, Vol. 181 Issue 1, p47
Opinion. Asserts that Mother's Day is no time for a skimpy little `thank you.' Author's expectations for her first Mother's Day; What actually happened; Importance of recognition; Details.
- Peru moths celebrate their day in the boxing ring. // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;5/12/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 112, p5
The article reports on the move of sports promoters to honor mothers through an invitation to slip on gloves and head protectors in view of the Mother's Day celebration in Lima, Peru.