April price push disappoints
- Suppliers seeking Dec. hikes. Esposito, Frank // Plastics News;11/10/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 37, p3
North American producers of polyethylene (PE) and polypropylene are trying to secure 4 cent-per-pound price increases set for December 1, 2003. The hikes are intended to guard against energy price spikes or demand spikes down the line as North America heads into winter, according to Pat Duke, a...
- plastics & coatings In Brief. // Chemical Market Reporter;5/3/2004, Vol. 265 Issue 18, p16
Presents news concerning the plastics and coatings sector as of May 2003. Increase in the price of Ashland Specialty Chemical's unsaturated polyester and epoxy vinyl ester resins and gel coat products; Surcharge on all of BASF's methylene diisocynate and polyol products; Price increase for...
- PE, PP prices back on the rise. Esposito, Frank // Plastics News;5/22/2006, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p3
The article reports that North American prices for polyethylene (PE) and polypropylene (PP) have boomeranged back from early-year setbacks since May 1, 2006. Average selling prices for PP and high density PE are up 3 cents per pound, while prices for low and linear low density PE each have...
- Pricing Update. Sherman, Lilli Manolis; Schut, Jan H.; Block, Debbie Galante // Plastics Technology;Jan2006, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p59
The article provides a pricing outlook for the plastics industry in 2006. The prices of resins are expected to remain firm in 2006. The decline in spot-market prices is an indication of market weakness for polyethylene. The prices of polypropylene are anticipated to increase slightly.
- PE prices up, down, up again; PVC, PP still adding pennies. Esposito, Frank // Plastics News;5/17/2004, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p3
Polyethylene (PE) prices have continued their conflicted ways in recent months, while prices for suspension PVC and polypropylene maintained their upward climbs in April. The erosion occurred as pre-buying slowed and processors worked off existing inventories, according to a number of PE buyers...
- Slide over: PP, PE prices rise. Esposito, Frank // Plastics News;2/19/2007, Vol. 18 Issue 51, p3
The article focuses on increase in the prices of polypropylene and polyethylene resin in the U.S. Inventory concerns and raw material pressures overcame low demand, allowing North American prices for polypropylene (PP) and polyethylene resin to climb since January 1, 2007. Per-pound selling...
- Your Business Pricing Update. // Plastics Technology;Nov2004, Vol. 50 Issue 11, p66
Presents an update on market prices in the plastics industry as of November 1, 2004. Increase in polyethylene prices in September and October 2004; Expected increase in polypropylene prices; Reason for the delay of price hike in polyvinyl chloride prices.
- PE, PP, PS Prices Are on the Rebound. Sherman, Lilli Manolis; Schut, Jan H. // Plastics Technology;Aug2005, Vol. 51 Issue 8, p71
Presents information on price increases of polyethylene, polypropylene and PS resins worldwide in 2005. Factors contributing to the increase in prices; Amount of the increase in PS resins by producers.
- Market picks up as stocks run low. Vasnetsov, Sergey // Asian Chemical News;8/15/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 503, p10
Offers a look at economic trends in the U.S. chemical market in 2005. Signs of recovery in the polyethylene market; Price increases for polypropylene for the month of July 2005; Reasons behind the softness in the polyvinyl chloride market.