Markets see mixed bag of results
- US demand is there but few vessels. Gibson, Jane // European Chemical News;10/17/2005, Vol. 83 Issue 2167, p29
Focuses on the price trends in the European chemical industry as of October 2005. Reason behind the increase in price of naphtha; Decline in price of butadiene; Stability of the price of mixed xylene. INSET: STRONG DERIVATIVE DEMAND PUSHES UP THE MARKET.
- MTBE prices continue to falter. Gibson, Jane // European Chemical News;6/21/2004, Vol. 80 Issue 2105, p14
Presents an update on prices of several chemical products in Europe as of June 21, 2004. Naphtha; Ethylene; Propylene; Butadiene.
- Outages make for twitchy markets. Gibson, Jane // European Chemical News;11/7/2005, Vol. 83 Issue 2170, p38
This section provides information on pricing trends in the European chemical industry, as of November 2005. Naphtha slipped to $505 to $510 per ton cif NWE. Supply continues to outstrip demand, which coupled with aggressive selling has contributed to the fall. Meanwhile, propylene spot deals...
- Olefins firm in snug market. Gibson, Jane // ICIS Chemical Business;2/27/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 8, p40
The article presents updates on the prices of chemicals as of February 23, 2006. Naphtha prices in Europe were around $518-526/tonne cif NWE. In Asia, naphtha prices for second-half April cargoes were at $533-534/tonne CFR Japan. Butadiene prices in Asia jumped to $1250-1300/tonne CFR NEA for...
- Styrene tumbles in long market. Todd, Martin // European Chemical News;3/12004, Vol. 80 Issue 2089, p12
Presents an update on chemical prices worldwide as of March 2004. Naphtha; Ethylene; Propylene; Butadiene.
- C4 market softens... // Asian Chemical News;9/1/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 414, p30
Reports on the prices of several chemicals in the market as of September 1, 2003. Decline of the price of butadiene; Rise of naptha price; Level of supply of ethylene; Stability of the price of ammonia.
- Ethylene on bull run. Viswanathan, Prema // Asian Chemical News;6/21/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 450, p34
Provides information on the market trends in the chemical industry as of June 2004. Decline in the prices of naphtha; Increase in the prices of butadiene due to tight supply; Increase in the prices of methanol in southeast Asia.
- Naphtha up by $32. Viswanathan, Prema // Asian Chemical News;7/12/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 452, p26
Presents information on the prices of several chemicals as of July 12, 2004. Naphtha; Ethylene; Propylene; Butadiene; Methanol.
- A long wait before prices hit bottom. Viswanathan, Prema // Asian Chemical News;12/5/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 517, p26
The article reports on prices of chemicals in December 2005. Butadiene prices continue to fall,with naphtha also declining. Traders said buying interest was likely to remain lacklustre as derivative markets were extremely weak. Poor demand from the styrene butadiene rubber and acrylonitrile...