- Rapid Capacity Expansion of Acrylic Acid. Zheng Chengwang // China Chemical Reporter;8/16/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 23, p22
Reports on the increase in output of acrylic acid in China. Impact of the completion of acrylic acid units on capacity expansion of the product; Production scale of acrylic acid; List of major producers of acrylic acid in 2005.
- Acrylic Acid. Kirschner, Mark // Chemical Market Reporter;4/18/2005, Vol. 267 Issue 16, p50
Provides information pertaining to acrylic acid for the period April 18 to 24, 2005. Production capacity of major producers in the United States; Uses; Growth; Demand; Price; Market perspective; Outlook.
- Glacial acrylic acid. Burridge, Elaine // ICIS Chemical Business;12/18/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 47, p45
The article presents a profile of glacial acrylic acid (AA). Glacial AA can be polymerized or modified to complex molecular arrangements. Cross-linked polymers are used in nappies, 44.8%, adult incontinence, 5.2%, feminine hygiene, 2.2%, and in horticulture, landscaping, soil conditioning,...
- Acrylic Acid. // ICIS Chemical Business;8/4/2008, Vol. 274 Issue 5, p40
The article presents information on various developments related to acrylic acid. U.S. consumption of acrylic acid (AA) grew by 3.4%/year in the period 2002-2007, buoyed by peak growth years in 2002 and 2003, coming out of the 2001 recession. The market contributors to demand growth during this...
- MOST-READ. // ICIS Chemical Business;9/30/2013, Vol. 284 Issue 9, p7
The article presents a list of the top chemical industry news stories on the periodical web site located at icis.com/about/news, including a petrochemical plant closure by INEOS, construction of a vinyl chloride monomer plant in Colombia, and an acrylic acid production process by US Novomer.
- Competition in Acrylic Acid and Esters Sector Intensifies. Zhu Yan // China Chemical Reporter;6/6/2014, Vol. 25 Issue 11, p19
The article discusses the increase competition in the acrylic acid and esters sectors in China as of June 6, 2014. The prices for acrylic acid have decreased in 2014 due to the slack demand for acrylic acid. The Chinese government relaxation of its Family Planning Policy has also promote birth...
- product focus. // Chemical Week;12/1/2008, Vol. 170 Issue 37, p25
The article provides updates on the production of acrylic acid. According to SRI Consulting, the global demand for crude acrylic acid is expected to grow at 3.7 percent/year. Producers claim that the downturn in the construction industry has affected demand in 2009 for acrylic acid derivatives...
- Rohm and Haas to increase prices for Polyacrylic Acid (PAA) products in the Asia-Pacific Region. // Chemical Business;Feb2008, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p79
The article announces the plan of Rohm and Haas' Primary Materials business to increase the price of its polyacrylic acid (PAA) products in the Asia-Pacific region. The company claimed that the price increases are attributed to the higher costs of the raw material glacial acrylic acid. It also...
- Acrylic acid demand dulls. Gibson, Jane // Chemical Market Reporter;8/1/2005, Vol. 268 Issue 4, p11
Reports that European producers have warned that a lackluster acrylic acid market is unlikely to change significantly over the next few months. Demand slack after a weaker-than-expected second quarter; Previous supply problem apparently over; Decline in third-quarter propylene costs. INSET: SAP.