Plant design market is forecast to grow by 11% this year
- Asia watch. // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;5/28/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 21, p14
This section offers news briefs on the chemical industry in Asia. ExxonMobil Chemical Co. is mulling construction of its first specialty elastomers plant in Asia. The demand for polyacetals in China is estimated to grow through 2009. The possibility of a near-normal monsoon season and government...
- PLM spending to increase by 50%. // Automotive Engineer;May2007, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p54
The article presents a forecast on the spending increase of product lifecycle management (PLM) in the U.S. According to Daratech Inc., information technology market research firm, PLM spending will increase by more than 50% by 2011. Moreover, Daratech predicts that software and services will top...
- Kaneka Constructs US CoQ10 Plant in Texas. // Chemical Market Reporter;7/5/2004, Vol. 266 Issue 1, p4
Reports on the decision of Kaneka Corp. to invest for the construction of a plant in Pasadena, Texas. Growth in the consumer consumption of ubiquinone; Plan of the company to establish a wholly owned subsidiary to be based near the new plant; Anticipation of the company for an expansion at the...
- CAD/CAM market grows. // Computer Graphics World;Jan98, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p10
Reports on the growth of the market for mechanical CAD/CAM and computer-aided engineering (CAE) software in the United States in 1997. Data from Daratech Inc. noting the factors behind the growth of the industry.
- Aerobyte. McKenna, James T. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;7/8/1996, Vol. 145 Issue 2, p59
Forecasts the worldwide revenues for software licenses, license renewals, maintenance and services of computer-aided design, computer-aided manufacturing and computer-aided engineering programs in 1996 according to Daratech Inc.
- FAST, ACCURATE FACTORY DESIGN. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;05/24/1999, Vol. 242 Issue 20, p16
Reports the development of the advanced stimulation software VR-Fact! to improve the accuracy of factory design and construction in Buffalo, New York. Advantages of using VR-Fact!; Features of the software; Evolution of the software's concept; Budget allocation for the project; List of sponsors.
- today's plant and piping programs. Godlberg, Edward // Cadalyst;Dec2002, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p40
Features the process plant design software from several companies. Usability of the CADPIPE series of products from AEC Design Group; Design of the intelligent piping program from Bentley Systems; Variety of products offered by COADE CADWORX.
- Preventive Plant Design. Blum, James // ENR: Engineering News-Record;8/16/2010, Vol. 265 Issue 5, p39
The article focuses on a new interface between the SmartPlant and SmartMarine rules-based design solutions of Intergraph and FLACS explosion analysis software of GexCon which, according to Tom Fiske of ARC Advisory Group, can help plant designers increase productivity and improve safety before...
- Daratech Study: 3D plant designs important, but implementation is an issue. // Plant Engineering;Jun2008, Vol. 62 Issue 6, p26
The article examines the advantages of three-dimensional (3D) plant design software in helping small companies in the U.S. to remain competitive. Results of a research conducted by research firm Daratech Inc. show that 3D design software has become more pervasive and easier to use assuring good...