Sabic targets China in its expansion plan for Asia
- Going global. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;11/5/2004, Vol. 48 Issue 45, p32
Focuses on the global expansion activities of Saudi Basic Industries Corporation (Sabic). Competitive advantage of Sabic after its acquisition of DSM Petrochemicals in 2002; Coverage of the acquisition; Net profits of Sabic in September 2004; Reasons for expanding abroad according to...
- Resource-rich, savvy, Sabic stands apart. Esposito, Frank // Plastics News;11/15/2004, Vol. 16 Issue 37, p9
This article presents the profile of Abdulrahman Al-Ubaid, vice president of Polyolefins Co. for Saudi Basic Industries Corp. Today, Al-Ubaid is vice president of polyolefins for Saudi Basic Industries Corp., and that same natural gas is being used as raw material to make polyethylene and...
- SABIC determines to take fight to European giants. Gibson, Jane // ICIS Chemical Business;2/5/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 52, p52
The article reports on the plans of SABIC to expand into value-added specialty chemicals in order to compete with European companies. Aside from such expansion, SABIC also plans to increase its total production by 2009. Such plans were announced by SABIC CEO Mohamed Al-Mady during the World...
- Sabic continues to grow at home. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;5/17/2013, Vol. 57 Issue 20, p7
The article focuses on plans by Saudi Basic Industries Corp. (Sabic) to expand operations outside of Saudi Arabia by possibly building an ethane cracker in the United States, stating that a lack of feedstock in Saudi Arabia is a factor behind its overseas expansion plans.
- SABIC expands to support China customers. // Popular Plastics & Packaging;May2008, Vol. 53 Issue 5, p63
The article reports on the strategy announced by SABIC Innovative Plastics to meet customer needs in China through expansion of local expertise and product fulfillment. The company is adding a new facility housing four extrusion lines in Pudong, Shanghai. It will also expand its China Technology...
- SABIC expands technology and innovation capability. // ICIS Chemical Business;3/18/2013, Vol. 283 Issue 10, Special section p16
The article focuses on the expansion of innovation and technological facilities by Saudi Basic Industries Corp. (SABIC) in India, China, and Saudi Arabia in 2013. It states that the two centres in Saudi Arabia include the SABIC Plastic Applications Development Center (SPADC) in Riyadh and the...
- Petrokemya to expand butadiene capacity at Al Jubail. // Chemical Week;11/10/2014, Vol. 176 Issue 28, p17
The article reports on the plan of Petrokemya, a subsidiary of manufacturing company Saudi Basic Industries Corp. (Sabic), to expand its butadiene extraction plant in Al Jubail, Saudi Arabia to increase its production capacity.
- New sales office in Greece. // Chemical Fibers International;Dec2007, Vol. 57 Issue 6, p312
The article announces the inauguration of the new SABIC office in Greece on January 1, 2008. The SABIC headquarters in Athens will take charge of all SABIC business operations including sales and customer services for other Mediterranean and Eastern European countries such as Macedonia, Albania...
- Fixing process exceptions. And music on hold. GIBBS, MARK // Network World;3/25/2013, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p38
In this article, the author reflects on the importance of customer service for growth in any business.