The record breakers
- FORGING TECHNICAL ALLIANCES. Maloney, Lawrence D. // Design News;7/3/89, Vol. 45 Issue 13, p57
Focuses on the initiative of design engineers and developers of technology in joining efforts for the improvement of the engineering industry in the U.S. Willingness of manufacturers to reach out to other companies; Development of products that will meet the test of competition; Establishment of...
- Get ideas off the drawing board. // Professional Engineering;3/23/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p9
This article reports that engineering firms and research agencies have been urged to prepare for the next round of the government's Technology Programme, with 100 million pounds up for grabs. The bulk of this is expected to go to engineering entries, to get ideas "off the drawing board and into...
- Quo-Tec survey a reason for optimism. // Product Finishing;Feb2001, Vol. 54 Issue 2, p2
Cites the preliminary findings of a study regarding competitiveness in the surface engineering sector of Great Britain. Concerns raised against the weakness of British companies and cheaper overseas competition; Potential problems from attracting trained staff; Increased grants for training.
- Technical standards bodies. // Test & Measurement World;Jul98, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p183
Presents a list of organizations that develop, administer and sell copies of technology standards.
- Networking enables engineering firms to communicate, share knowledge. // New Hampshire Business Review;2/4/94, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p17
Reports on the impact of networking on engineering firms. Changes in the engineering profession; Effect of technology on the study of engineering; Improvement in the ability of engineers to communicate with each other; Benefits of networking.
- Engineering will lead the way, predicts EEF survey. Hibbert, Lee // Professional Engineering;01/17/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p15
Reports the results of the Engineering Employer's Federation (EEF) survey on the performance of the engineering sector in Great Britain. Projection on the competition of engineering firms against regional rivals; Analysis on the rate of job losses in the sector; Warning on the impact of...
- Nashville Engineering Firms Compete for Engineering Excellence Awards; Winners Will Be Announced March 6. // Tennessee Tribune;2/9/2012, p3A
The article reports that the Nashville area engineering firms are taking part in 2012 Engineering Excellence Awards competition that is sponsored by the American Council of Engineering Companies of Tennessee (ACEC of Tennessee).
- Mergers and acquisitions on the rise--again. Morrissey, Mick // Consulting-Specifying Engineer;Aug2011, Vol. 48 Issue 6, p36
The article discusses the issue concerning acquisition and mergers in mechanical, electrical, plumbing (MEP) engineering firms in the U.S. It notes that some of the MEP firms facilitate growth through industry consolidation with another firm. The contributing factors to the trend are the...
- Industry works with its customers to boost innovation. // Professional Engineering;9/3/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 15, p4
The article provides information on the survey conducted by the manufacturers organisation EEF in Great Britain. According to the survey, several manufacturers have partnered with consumers and the science base to deliver superior results in innovation. The EEF points out that the joining of...