Demand outstrips labour supply
- PLANNING AND FLEXIBILITY KEY TO REDUCING PLANT DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION COSTS. Smith, Douglas J. // Power Engineering;Feb2003, Vol. 107 Issue 2, p62
Focuses on the reduction of plant design and construction costs in the power industry. Development of a prototype design by power company Calpine; Details of the construction of identical plants by InterGen;Benefits of replication.
- STAMBOLIJSKI TO CASH IN ON NEW BIOMASS PLANT. // PPI: Pulp & Paper International;Mar2005, Vol. 47 Issue 3, p5
Reports on the plan of Factory Stambolijski company to build a new biomass plant at its mill in Bulgaria. Reason for the establishment of new biomass plant; Schedule on the start of the construction of the plant; Cost of the project.
- Beet biofuel plant for Wissington. Riley, Jonathan // Farmers Weekly;12/17/2004, Vol. 141 Issue 25, p6
Reports on the plan of British Sugar to build a plant nest to its Wissington factory in Norfolk, England to turn sugar beet into biofuel. Cost of the construction; Effect of the plan on employment in the area; Decrease in greenhouse gas emissions by using bioethanol instead of fossil-derived...
- Technip takes $80m hit on Yanbu project. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;4/18/2008, Vol. 52 Issue 16, p18
The article reports that France-based Technip has taken a $80 million charge on the Yansab olefins plant at Yanbu, Saudi Arabia, because of problems with sub-contractors. Technip president Thierry Pilenko explains that the charge arose from having to find a new local sub-contractor at short...
- Education: Latest boom a cost test. Grogan, Tim // ENR: Engineering News-Record;09/29/97, Vol. 239 Issue 13, p28
Presents `ENR' magazine's 1997 third quarterly report on the costs of education construction in the United States. School districts' decision to play catch-up with demographics by launching building programs; Heavier demands on electrical and mechanical systems; Concern about labor shortages.
- GLA wants DPF rules set in place by April. // PMJ: Plant Managers Journal;Jan2006, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p5
The article reports on the plan of the Greater London Authority (GLA) to implement its proposals requiring plant on certain sites to fit diesel particulate filters (DPF) out to consultation early in 2006. The view of Colin Wood, director of the Construction Plant-hire Association, about the...
- Occupancy condition judged irrelevant. // Planning (14672073);8/21/2009, Issue 1832, p19
The article reports that a condition imposed on a permission to for an industrial development in Cambridgeshire, England has been cancelled after an inspector held that a bungalow near the edifice need not be occupied by an employee. It mentions that the agricultural occupancy restriction...
- A Food Factory for Sheriff Joe. Marchiony, Ann // Food Management;May2004, Vol. 39 Issue 5, p24
Features the food factory of "Sheriff Joe" Arpaio for nine jail facilities in Maricopa County, Arizona. Size of the factory; Number of meals that can be produced everyday; Equipment used to produce food. INSET: Going Lidless.
- assembly plant. // Bloomsbury Business Library - Business & Management Dictionary;2007, p450
A definition of the term "assembly plant" is presented. It refers to the building in which an assembly line is housed.