Degussa is drawn into the tempest
- Degussa Adds More Investment in China. // China Chemical Reporter;12/6/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 34, p4
Reports on the ground-breaking ceremony of the Degussa Specialty Chemicals Co. Ltd. in Shanghai Chemical Industry Park in Shanghai, China. Total initial investment made by Degussa AG on its new subsidiary; Plan of Degussa to construct a new Polyester Resins plant in the country; Implications of...
- Writedown forces cost-cutting drive. Beacham, Will // European Chemical News;10/27/2003, Vol. 79 Issue 2074, p9
Deals with the plan of Degussa to take an asset writedown in the third quarter of 2003 due to impairment charges in its fine and industrial chemicals division. Details of the asset writedown plan; Information on the profitability drive launched by the company to improve its operational...
- Degussa to Restructure: May Sell Construction Chemicals. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;12/21/2005, Vol. 168 Issue 43, p10
The article reports on the restructuring of chemical company Degussa, effective January 2006. Degussa's supervisory board has authorized it to examine selling its construction chemicals division, the company says. Degussa declined to comment further on the possible sale of construction chemicals...
- Degussa Corp. plans Detroit-area technical center. Benedetti, Marti // Crain's Detroit Business;3/18/96, Vol. 12 Issue 12, pI-12
Reports indicate that Degussa Corporation, Michigan, plans to set up a technical center in Auburn Hills, Detroit. Projected number of employees; When the company is expected to open; What Degussa specializes in; What the center will comprise of; Remarks from Bernd Engler, vice president and...
- Degussa rejigs health division. Beacham, Will // European Chemical News;3/17/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2044, p9
Reports the restructuring of the food and feed divisions of Degussa in April 2003. Reason for the move.
- Degussa-Huls Forms Dmc2 Subsidiary. // Chemical Market Reporter;01/03/2000, Vol. 257 Issue 1, p5
Reports that Degussa-Huls company has consolidated its precious metals, automotive catalysts and ceramic polymers businesses into a single entity. Focus of the new company; Significance of the move.
- Degussa Considers Further Divestments. // Chemical Market Reporter;11/8/2004, Vol. 266 Issue 16, p4
Reports that chemical specialist Degussa is considering further divestments of its businesses that are not in leading positions in their world markets. Divestiture of its water treatment business and food additive activities; Consideration for business size as a competitive strategy.
- Business is Looking Up. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;11/30/2005, Vol. 167 Issue 41, p33
The article reports on the market optimism expressed by fine chemicals and pharmaceutical companies during the 2005 CPhl exhibition held in Madrid, Spain. The optimism expressed by attendees were based from signs of improvement in the pharmaceutical fine chemicals market. Also reported during...
- BASF Color Solutions. // Man-Made Textiles in India;Jun2008, Vol. 51 Issue 6, p217
The article reports on the decision of chemical firm BASF SE of Ludwigshafen, Germany to reorganize its masterbatch business in Europe. The company's specialists for coloring a wide variety of products made from plastics will operate under the name BASF Color Solutions, with its five locations...