OPEN MARKET TO FOREIGN MERGERS, SAYS BARROSO
- Shelter from the desert wind. // EuroProperty;3/17/2008, p15
The article reports that JosÃ© Manuel Barroso, president of the European Commission (EC), has said that sovereign wealth funds have injected liquidity and helped to stabilize financial markets in Europe. Sovereign funds have been involved in high-profile deals, often paying aggressive prices....
- EC plans tax breaks to ease unrest. // Commercial Motor;6/19/2008, Vol. 207 Issue 5285, p9
The article reports that the European Commission (EC) plans tax breaks to ease Europe-wide unrest over fuel prices. According to the author, EC president JosÃ© Manuel Barroso is co-ordinating the move and submit proposals to the EU summit in Brussels on June 19-20, 2008. Furthermore, these...
- Top European Officials in Azerbaijan and Turkmenistan Promote Nabucco. Socor, Vladimir // Eurasia Daily Monitor;1/12/2011, Vol. 8 Issue 8, p1
The article reports on the promotion of investments on Nabucco Gas Pipeline International GmbH's Shah Deniz gas pipeline construction project by European Commission President Jose Manuel Barroso and European Union (EU) Energy Commissioner Guenther Oettinger in Azerbaijan and Turkmenistan in...
- Euclid says 'sign our open letter.'. Jump, Paul // Third Sector;5/4/2010, Issue 613, p2
The article reports on the appeal made by the network of European third sector leaders, Euclid to voluntary groups to sign an open letter asking European Commission president JosÃ© Manuel Barroso to accept Euclid's recommendations on financial reform.
- Alfa TV news (5 December). // Macedonian Electronic Media Digest;12/06/2013, p1
The article offers news briefs related to Macedonia as of December 6, 2013 including Jose Manuel Barroso, European Commission president, asks the country about name negotiation process, people who stole the Museum of Macedonia's gold jewelry yet to be found and the Business Forum.
- EU: Libor Scandal Strengthens Tax Case. // American Banker;7/5/2012, Vol. 177 Issue 103, p16
Brief information is given about the Libor or London interbank offered rate scandal and European Union President Jose Manuel Barroso's remarks about market manipulation and a financial sector tax.
- Barnier is backâ€¦. // Prospect;Apr2006, Issue 121, p55
The article reports that Michel Barnier was appointed by European Commission President JosÃ© Manuel Barroso as adviser of the European Union's crisis management capacity.
- European Commission president calls for EU-wide banking regulator. Thomas, Paul // Money Marketing (Online Edition);6/12/2012, p18
The article reports that the president of European Commission, Jose Manuel Barroso, has asked for a single cross-border banking supervisor to regulate banks from all 27 European Union (EU) states. It states that Europe needs to take a step in order to learn from the sovereign debt crisis. It...
- Macedonian Radio news (16 September). // Macedonian Electronic Media Digest;9/17/2013, p1
The article reports on the meeting between European Commission President Jose Manuel Barroso and Greek Prime Minister Antonis Samaras on September 17, 2013 to discuss the six-month European Union (EU) presidency of Greece in the first half of 2014.