5-MINUTE MARKET WATCH
- Tuntex aims to debottleneck PTA. // Asian Chemical News;10/20/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 420, p20
Reports on the plan of Tuntex Petrochemicals to expand its purified terephthalic acid facility in Taoyuan, Taiwan as of October 2003. Capacity of the chemical plant; Reason for the expansion.
- A superregional Asian player. McElligott, Suzanne // Chemical Week;6/11/1997, Vol. 159 Issue 23, p44
Provides information on Tuntex Petrochemical company as the Asian Region's only non-Japanese superregional chemicals manufacturer. Tuntex's growth strategy; Its main business; Tuntex Petrochemical as Tuntex Distinct's main source of revenue; History on how the company has started.
- Formosa Seeks Collaboration For Petchem Projects. Mollet, Andrew // Chemical Week;5/12/1999, Vol. 161 Issue 18, Chemical Week Asia p3
Looks at the intention of Formosa Plastics Group (FPG) to participate in the petrochemical complexes planned by Tuntex Petrochemical and Chinese Petroleum Corp. (CPC). Comments from Y.C. Wang, chairman at FPG; Privatization of CPC; Support that FPG will give to Taiwan's petrochemical industry;...
- BP Chemicals a Front Runner to Acquire Tuntex Petrochemicals. Mollet, Andrew // Chemical Week;8/16/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 31, p23
Speculates that the BP Chemicals is set to acquire purified terephtalic acid (PTA) producer Tuntex Petrochemicals (TPC) in Taipei, Taiwan. List of TPC shareholders that are interested in raising their stocks; Significance of the acquisition for BP; Joint ventures of BP; Business operations of TPC.
- PTA margin fears despite good price forecasts. // Asian Chemical News;3/3/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 391, p32
Reports on the decline in the prices of Asian purified terephthalic acid in 2003. Petrochemical companies that are bringing plants onstream between March and April; Companies which enjoy economies of scale due to integration.
- Think of a Number & Double it. Tandy, Hilfra // Chemical Week;3/31/2004, Vol. 166 Issue 11, p33
Reports on the continuing growth of petrochemical production capacity in the Middle East as of March 31, 2004. Reason for the growth; Implication of the situation for the region's position in the global petrochemical industry, according to the European Chemical Industry Council; Impact of the...
- NEW PROJECTS. Tan, Clara // Asian Chemical News;10/27/2003, Vol. 10 Issue 421, p25
Presents updates on the projects of several chemical companies as of October 2003. Ibrahim Fibre; National Petrochemical Co.; Tuntex Petrochemicals; Sabic.
- China puts 40 petrochemical projects on fast track. // Chemical Business;Apr2009, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p70
The article reports on the announcement of the Chinese government that it would speed up the construction of 40 petrochemical plants between 2009 and 2011. Half of the projects are under construction while the other half are in planning stage. Some of the plants will be used for manufacturing of...
- South Africa petchems delay. // Chemical Week;11/6/1996, Vol. 158 Issue 43, p8
Reports on the failure of a group of South African petrochemical companies led by Polifin to respond to proposals by Taiwan's Tuntex to form an aromatics joint venture.