Crude oil prices near uncharted territory
- MOST-READ STORIES ON ICIS news. // ICIS Chemical Business;11/10/2008, Vol. 274 Issue 18, p8
The article presents most-read news briefs, of the journal "ICIS Chemical Business," from October 24-31, 2008. A string of petrochemical trade defaults in Asia shook market confidence to the core, as end-users and traders started reneging on deals. Crude oil prices are set to continue falling,...
- Making sense of crude oil supplies, prices. // High Plains Journal;3/14/2011, Vol. 129 Issue 11, p2C
The article focuses on the issues concerning crude oil supplies, demands and prices worldwide.
- Senate hears from oil industry in price volatility. // National Petroleum News;Jun2002, Vol. 94 Issue 6, p9
Examines the price volatility in the oil industry. Impact of unexpected refinery shutdowns and pipeline disruptions; Aims to balance supply and demand in the industry; Recommendation for federal government to help minimize price volatility.
- Gas headed above $3 a gallon by summer. // South Texas Automotive Report;Apr2010, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p18
The article reports that the retail prices for gas have increased above 3 dollars per gallon in summer as demand increases in the U.S.
- TOO EARLY TO PREDICT THE MARKET'S DIRECTION. Gibson, Jane // ICIS Chemical Business;1/9/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p35
The article examines predictions about the petrochemical markets in 2006. Prediction for Europe from Oxford Economic Forecast is revealed. The implications of shaky European pricing and demand towards the end of 2005 and the stall in Asian pricing in the fourth quarter of 2005 are tackled....
- Multiple Factors Lead to EDC Import Downturn. He Rui // China Chemical Reporter;2/16/2007, Vol. 18 Issue 5/6, p26
The article reports on the forecast concerning the factors that lead to the downturn import of ethane dichloride (EDC) in China. There are three major factors that lead to the decline in China's EDC imports. These include the price rise of crude oil, the shutting down of the production units of...
- Global Overview. // USA Petrochemicals Report;Q4 2010, p9
The article presents an overview and forecasts for the global petrochemicals market. Demand for ethylene in 2009 reached 113 millions and is expected to grow around 140 million tonnes by 2015, with the Gulf countries accounting for 20% of production in 2010. An outlook for the global oil product...
- Middle East war puts players on edge. Davis, Nigel; Gibson, Jane // ICIS Chemical Business;7/24/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 29, p17
The article reports that the escalating conflict in the Middle East has affected the global petrochemicals market in July 2006. Brent crude oil futures rose to a record high of $78.10/barrel on July 17, 2006 amid continued fighting between Israel and Lebanese Hezbollah guerrillas. The concern is...
- Eyes focus on aromatics contracts. // ICIS Chemical Business;6/4/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 69, p40
The article reports on the petroleum chemicals markets around the world. Naphtha prices are between $650-655 per ton. In Europe, the bimonthly June-July 2007 ethylene contract has been agreed at â‚¬925 per ton. Propylene remains inactive in Europe. According to the author, rising inventories...