Honeywell lands Shell
- Four finalists vie for Shells Anacortes, Wash., refinery. // National Petroleum News;May98, Vol. 90 Issue 5, p7
Reports on the names of bidders interested to purchase Shell Oil's petroleum refinery in Anacortes, Washington state.
- Shell shocked in Nigeria. Williams, Ian // Spy Magazine;Sep/Oct96, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p28
Comments on the negative implications of Shell's operations in Oginland dealta in Nigeria for the Ogoni people. Environmental havor wrought by the company's oil extraction operations in the region; Shell's responsibilities for developments leading to the existing conditions in the Delta; Nature...
- Honeywell enhances refining and petrochemical planning solution. // Power Watch India;May2014, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p14
The article reports that multinational conglomerate Honeywell has begun a significant enhancement to its refinery and petrochemical modeling system that will improve model building and maintenance, case management, and optimization to help plants maximize profitability.
- Shell, Pemex sign memorandum of understanding for U.S. refining joint venture. // Hispanic Times Magazine;Dec1992/Jan1993, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p38
Reports that Petroleos Mexicanos and Shell Oil Co. have signed a memorandum of understanding to pursue the formation of a joint refining venture involving Shell's 225,000 barrels-per-day fuels refinery at its Deer, Texas manufacturing complex.
- Major refinery work planned. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;9/20/93, Vol. 231 Issue 12, p33
Reports on the status of planned expansion works for the Shell Oil Co. refinery in California. Reduction of emissions of volatile organic compounds in compliance with environmental standards; Plan of other petroleum refining companies to upgrade plants in the state.
- Tesoro wins Shell refinery from three other bidders. // National Petroleum News;Jun98, Vol. 90 Issue 6, p19
Reports that Tesoro Petroleum Corp. has outbidded other refiner-marketers in buying Shell's refinery in Anacortes, Washington. Tesoro's payment and network capital; Refineries and stations owned by Tesoro.
- Flow: getting clever. Vogel, Tim // TCE: The Chemical Engineer;Dec2014/Jan2015, Issue 882, p42
The article discusses how advanced flow measurement technology can improve the data gathering and management systems of oil refineries and petrochemical facilities. Topics explored include the increasing automation of petrochemical plant operations, the use of effective hardware and software for...
- Shell sets up 85,000 seat portal. Adshead, Antony // Computer Weekly;9/26/2002, p4
Focuses on the launching of the core business applications of Shell Oil Co.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;11/19/2004, Vol. 48 Issue 47, p14
Presents news briefs on the petroleum industry as of November 2004. Contract awarded to U.S.-based Honeywell for the rehabilitation and modernization of instrumentation systems Arzew refinery in Algeria; Information on a memorandum signed by Australia's Woodside Energy; Extension of the bid...