EU Reach plans are slammed
- EU chemicals production falls 2.4% in Feb from year-earlier: Cefic. // Chemical Business;Jun2012, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p72
The article reports on the drop in the European Union (EU) chemicals production in February 2012 due to the economic slowdown across the continent.
- E.U. Chemicals Industry to Grow 9.5% in 2010. // Flow Control;Jul2010, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p11
The article reports that the European Chemical Industry Council (Cefic) has predicted a 9.5 percent growth in 2010 for the European Union (E.U.) chemical industry, with a 2 percent growth rate in 2011.
- ASIA TARGETS EUROPE. // ICIS Chemical Business;3/7/2011, Vol. 279 Issue 9, p14
The article implies that the Asian chemical industry is eyeing the European chemical assets for acquisitions, in order to be compliant with the European Union's (EU) REACH legislation.
- Clock is ticking on EU White Paper. // Process Engineering;May2003, Vol. 84 Issue 5, p3
Reports on chemical producers' initiate to influence the final form of the European Union's chemical policy regulations. Importance of proportionate risk-based approach; European Commission's plan to set up an Internet-based consultation.
- EU May chemical output falls 1% on year in 9-month downtrend: Eurostat. // Chemical Business;Aug2012, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p69
The article reports on the 1% decline year-on-year of European Union (EU) chemicals production in May 2012.
- Industry will benefit, say producers. // European Chemical News;4/21/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2049, p7
Reports on the implication of Hungary's accession to the European Union (EU) in 2004, on the country's chemical industry. Treaty signed by Hungary with European leaders on accession to the EU; Expected increase in EU exports; Increase in competition after EU accession.
- TOP TECHNOLOGIES IN BRIEF: Knowledge Transfer Network. // Corporate Adviser;May2010, p62
The article reports that the Knowledge Transfer Network (KTN) Chemistry Innovation will lead the BIOCHEM project of the European Union (EU) for the development of the bio-based business in the chemicals sector.
- US imposes sanctions on Iran's petrochemical sector. // Popular Plastics & Packaging;Jul2013, Vol. 58 Issue 7, p68
The article reports that the U.S. will impose sanctions on the petrochemical industry of Iran in an effort to cut off funds that the Islamic country may be using to develop its nuclear program, with several companies blacklisted by the Treasury Department including Nouri Petrochemical Co.
- Companies unaware of Reach 2018. // ICIS Chemical Business;Jun2015, Issue 3661, p17
The article discusses the lack of awareness by European Union chemical industry participants of the 2018 Reach deadline as noted by the European Chemicals Agency.