SHUTDOWNS TIGHTEN BUTADIENE MARKET
- Hot wheels. Lockard, Gene; Yan, Helen; Gerrard, Peter // ICIS Chemical Business;9/8/2008, Vol. 274 Issue 9, p32
The article focuses on the rocketing prices of styrene butadiene rubber (SBR) due to feedstock shortages. It mentions that despite the slowdown in Western auto markets, prices of SBR are surging worldwide. It states that increase in SBR prices in the U.S. was seen in contract and spot markets...
- Butadiene buyers holding out against high offers. Viswanathan, Prema // Asian Chemical News;11/1/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 467, p24
Reports on the caution issued by styrene butadiene rubber (SBR) customers against offers of suppliers due to continued increase in feedstock costs in Northeast Asia in November 2004. Stand of suppliers on the issue of feedstock price increase; Reason why SBR customers resist high butadiene costs.
- No end in sight for butadiene bull run. Viswanathan, Prema // Asian Chemical News;4/26/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 443, p20
Discusses the trends in the butadiene market in Asia as of April 2004. Information on the deep-sea cargoes due to arrive in Northeast Asia in May 2004; Prices for styrene butadiene rubber; Reason behind the increase in butadiene prices.
- Prices of Synthetic Rubbers Went Up. // China Chemical Reporter;3/6/2009, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p19
The article reports on the increase of the prices of styrene-butadiene rubber (SBR) in February 2009 in China. Rosin SBR and oil-extended SBR have reached to RMB11 300-11 900 per ton and RMB11 200-11 700 per ton, respectively, on February 19. The growth is attributed to the intense supply of...
- Eliokem raises prices for VP latex. // European Rubber Journal;Nov/Dec2009, Vol. 191 Issue 6, p12
The article reports on the price increase of Eliokem's pliocord vinyl pyridine latex in Villejust, France. It states that the price increase will range between 300 and 500 dollars and will take effect on October 1, 2009. The company said that the increase is needed to begin the ongoing...
- SBR producers eye hikes for third straight month. Weddle, Nel // ICIS Chemical Business;5/11/2015, Issue 3537, p18
The article focuses on the intention of styrene butadiene rubber (SBR) producers in Europe to increase price in May 2015 due to higher contract price settlement for feedstock butadiene (BD) and a likely increase in styrene monomer contract during the month.
- SBR makers see more price rises. Viswanathan, Prema // Asian Chemical News;8/8/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 502, p19
Predicts that the prices of styrene butadiene rubber (SBR) will continue to increase during the last half of 2005 according to Asian producers and traders. Overview of the price increase in the SBR market in China; Factors which contributed to the price increase as of August 2005; Move of...
- EFFECT OF OIL SLUDGE ON PROPERTIES OF RUBBER MIXTURES AND RUBBERS BASED ON STYRENE-BUTADIENE RUBBER. SOLOVYOVA, O. Yu.; GURYLYOVA, N. L.; TIMROT, S. D.; KOROTAEVA, T. A. // Izvestiya Vysshikh Uchebnykh Zavedenii. Seriya Khimiya i Khimich;2012, Vol. 55 Issue 9, p77
The activating action of oil sludge from the plant "Alfa Laval" OJSC "Slavneft-Yanos" on the process of sulfuric vulcanization of mixtures based on rubber SKMS-30ARK containing the active carbon black was shown. The increase in the degree of rubbers crosslinking in the presence of oil sludge was...
- Dynamic mechanical analyses of SBS block copolymers containing tackifiers. Nakajima, N. // Rubber World;Dec96, Vol. 215 Issue 3, p33
Presents dynamic mechanical analyses (DMA) of the styrene-butadiene-styrene (SBS) block copolymers, Shell Chemical's Kraton D-1101 and D-1102, containing tackifiers, Goodyear's W-95 and W-10. Specimen preparations; Temperature dependence at different blend ratios; Frequency dependence at...