Chinese PA-6 planned
- DSM pushes nylon, auto R&D in China. Ying Sun, Nina // Plastics News;6/7/2010, Vol. 22 Issue 14, p10
The article reports on DSM Engineering Plastics BV which is reinforcing its focus on Chinese engineering plastics market and is establishing a materials research and automotive development center in Shanghai, China. According to DSM President Roelof Westerbeek, the R&D center will be DSM's...
- Nylon stands up to hardships of travel. // Canadian Plastics;Apr2005, Vol. 63 Issue 4, p30
Features the Akulon nylon grades from DSM Engineering Plastics. Akulon products that were selected by luggage manufacturer Samsonite for the Flite range of suitcases; Components of the locking mechanisms that rely on Akulon; Uses of the glass reinforced and toughened polyamide Akulon K224PG6.
- LEADING THE WAY IN DELIVERING GREEN SUSTAINABLE PRODUCTS. Hilton, James // Automotive Industries;Aug2009, Vol. 189 Issue 8, p1
An interview with DSM Engineering Plastics BV president Roelof Westerbeek is presented. When asked on the evolution of automobile industry green portfolio, he states that they are committed to develop sustainable products. He adds that their new products focuses on the downsize of engines to...
- AI interview with Roelof Westerbeek, President DSM Engineering Plastics. Hilton, James // Automotive Industries;Oct2009, Vol. 189 Issue 10, p108
The article presents an interview with Roelof Westerbeek, President of DSM Engineering Plastics BV. When asked how is the green portfolio for the automotive industry evolving, he replies DSM develops products that meet the industry's specific sustainability needs. He discusses how the increased...
- More polyamide film for food packaging. // Machine Design;9/15/2005, Vol. 77 Issue 18, pS6
Reports on the expansion of the production of Akulon polyamide 6 (PA6) film at the polyamide plant of DSM Engineering Plastics in Emmen, Netherlands. Production capacity; Industrial uses for PA 6; Additions to the PA6 film products of the company.
- Seat back adjuster handle has high modulus and lower cost. // Advanced Materials & Processes;Sep2004, Vol. 162 Issue 9, p14
Reports on DSM Engineering Plastics' Akulon Ultraflow K-FG0 polyamide 6 resins with 50 percent glass fiber reinforcement. Reduction of costs.
- Polyamide engine cover has thin walls, resists warpage. // Advanced Materials & Processes;Sep2005, Vol. 163 Issue 9, p56
Spotlights a new engine cover for the Volvo T6 2.91 V6 engine that made of Akulon UltrafLow polyamide 6 from DSM Engineering Polymers. Percentage of glass and mineral in the material; Moldability.
- DSM puts money on Akulon capacity. Gordon, Michael // European Chemical News;5/3/2004, Vol. 80 Issue 2098, p33
Reports on the plan of DSM Engineering Plastics to invest money to raise polyamide 6 capacity in Emmen, the Netherlands. Production capacity of the plant after the completion of the expansion; Benefits of the capacity increase to the company; Remarks from Jan Zuidam of DSM on the investment.
- DSM's Stanyl wins. Cozier, Muriel // European Chemical News;11/8/2004, Vol. 81 Issue 2123, p28
Reports on the Frost & Sullivan Award for Product Innovation won by DSM Engineering Plastics for its range of Stanyl polyamide products. Attributes of the products; Basis for winning the award.