Ticona plans Pacific plant
- Ticona Breaks Ground for GUR UHMW-PE and Celstran LFRT Plants in NCIP. Li, Phoebe // China Chemical Reporter;6/6/2007, Vol. 18 Issue 16, p12
The article reports that Ticona Inc. broke ground for two production facilities in the Nanjing Chemical Industrial Park (NCIP) in Jiangsu province for GUR ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene (UHMW-PE) and Celstran long fiber-reinforced thermoplastic (LFRT). The UHMW-PE plant will be...
- Thermoplastic Fuel Cell Cuts Energy Cost. // Plastics Technology;Feb2005, Vol. 51 Issue 2, p68
Reports on the launch of the proton-exchange membrane thermoplastic fuel cells by Florence, Kentucky-based Ticona. Features of the fuel cells; Significance of the design of the design of the fuel cell to the reduction of electricity costs; Background on the liquid crystal polymer bipolar plates.
- Thermoplastic fuel cell cuts costs in half with polymers. // Advanced Materials & Processes;Mar2005, Vol. 163 Issue 3, p15
Reports on the first fuel cell prototype made only of engineering thermoplastics that reduces fuel cell cost. Key features of the 17-cell unit containing injection-molded bipolar plates of Ticona Vectra liquid crystal polymer and end plates of Ticona Fortron polyphenylene sulfide; Contact...
- Thermoplastic Polymer. // Nonwovens Industry;Dec2004, Vol. 35 Issue 12, p77
Ticona's Celanex PBT 2008 provides fine fiber sizes for meltblown nonwovens used in blood filtration applications. Among the other benefits of Celenex PBT 2008 thermoplastic polymer are excellent mechanical and adhesive filter effects, easy modification of surface properties to meet filtration...
- Focusing on precision. // Machine Design;11/9/2006, Vol. 78 Issue 21, p123
The article evaluates the biocompatible polybutylene terephthalate polymer called Celanex PBT 2402 MT from Ticona.
- Assessing the Effects of Atmospheric Ethylene on Epinasty and Tuber Yield of Potato (Solanum Tuberosum L.) Near Polyethylene Manufacturing Plants. Tonneijck, A. E. G.; Jansen, B. P.; Bakker, C. // Environmental Monitoring & Assessment;Jan2000, Vol. 60 Issue 1, p57
A multi-year programme was performed to assess the effects of atmospheric ethylene on potato (Solanum tuberosum L.) in the vicinity of polyethylene manufacturing plants. There was a strong temporal variation of the hourly ethylene concentrations measured close to the sources from 1982 through...
- Rio PolÃmeros plans further investment in PE
capacity. Gordon, Michael // European Chemical News;8/9/2004, Vol. 81 Issue 2112, p33
Reports on the plan of Brazil-based Rio PolÃmeros to expand its polyethylene capacity. Schedule for the start-up of the ethylene complex; Background on Rio PolÃmeros.
- BASELL PLANT ONSTREAM. Gibson, Jane // European Chemical News;2/21/2005, Vol. 82 Issue 2135, p10
Reports on the construction of a high density polyethylene plant of Basell in Wesseling, Germany. Advantage of the plant; Technologies used in the plant.
- Chinese PET plans may stall. Tan, Clara // Asian Chemical News;7/5/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 451, p19
Provides information on the possible delay of the polyethylene terephthalate (PET) projects in China. Reasons behind the possible delay; Forecast on the increase in PET bottle-grade chip capacity for 2004 and 2005; Companies that will continue its projects.