Major concerns play cat and mouse
- More jarring jumps. Esposito, Frank // Plastics News;11/7/2005, Vol. 17 Issue 36, p1
This article reports that North American polyethylene (PE) prices went up another 8 cents per pound, and now are up an average of 32 cents per pound since August 1. Makers of PE and polystyrene (PS) also are gunning for more price hikes on November 15. PE producers are trying to get 5-7 cents on...
- US CHEMICAL INDUSTRY POSTS BANNER YEAR. // Chemical Market Reporter;9/5/2005, Vol. 268 Issue 7, p18
Reports on the financial performance of the top U.S.-based chemical companies in 2004. Sales result of Dow Chemical Co.; Increase in the revenue of ExxonMobil Chemical Co.; Net profit of Chevron Philips Chemical Co. LP.
- NORTH AMERICAN PLAYERS BENEFIT FROM HIGHER PRICES. CHANG, JOSEPH // ICIS Chemical Business;9/19/2011, Vol. 280 Issue 8, p30
The article presents information on the financial performance chemical companies in North America. Dow Chemical Co. posted an increase of 19.6% increase in sales to take the lead position, followed by ExxonMobil Chemical. Mergers and acquisition is stated to be a vital component of sales growth....
- Metallocene efforts clear lawsuit hurdle. // Plastics News;6/28/1999, Vol. 11 Issue 19, p6
Comments on the settlement of a metallocene-related international patent dispute between Dow Chemical Co. and Exxon Chemical Co. Impact of the pending litigation on the progress of metallocene technology; Industrial potential of metallocene catalysts.
- Dow and Exxon add to worldwide PE capacity. Morris, Gregory DL. // Chemical Week;10/29/1997, Vol. 159 Issue 41, p16
Reports that the two largest polyethylene (PE) producers, Dow Chemical and Exxon Chemical, are planning significant additions to capacity. Production capacity added; Several grassroots projects of Dow that will use its metallocene technology.
- Major Chemical Firms Post Weak 4Q, Challenges Ahead. Chang, Joseph // Chemical Market Reporter;01/29/2001, Vol. 259 Issue 5, p1
Reports on the financial performance chemical companies for the fourth quarter of 2000. Profits posted by Dow Chemical Co.; Decline in the profits of Nova Chemicals Corp.
- Dow calls FED rate cut "dangerous". // ICIS Chemical Business;10/1/2007, Vol. 272 Issue 12, p31
The article presents several news briefs related to the chemical industry. Dow Chemical Co. is worried about the U.S. housing crisis and high energy prices spilling over into consumer spending and threatening the economy. NOVA Chemicals Inc. could add a polyethylene plant in mid-2011 in Canada,...
- Major Chemical Companies Record Blockbuster Quarter. Chang, Joseph // Chemical Market Reporter;05/01/2000, Vol. 257 Issue 18, p1
Reports on the sales and net income of major chemical companies in the United States in the first quarter of 2000. Earnings per share of Dow Chemical Company; Total profits and earnings for the quarter of Nova Chemicals Corporation; Percent gain in earnings of Union Carbide Corporation.
- Billion-Dollar Club. Walsh, Kerri; Sim, Peck Hwee; Westervelt, Robert; White, Scott // Chemical Week;11/24/2004, Vol. 166 Issue 39, p19
Focuses on the sales performance of several chemical companies for 2003. Total revenue posted by BASF; Improvement in the sales of Dow and DuPont; Financial status of Exxonmobil; Factors that contributed to the success of Albermarle.