Mixed quarter, say US firms
- Profits and Sales Tumble at Most Chemical Firms. Seewald, Nancy; Coons, Rebecca // Chemical Week;8/3/2009, Vol. 171 Issue 20, p7
This article discusses the financial performance of chemical companies in the second quarter of 2009. Most basic and specialty chemical firms posted decreases in their profits and sales during the quarter. Dow Chemical reported a decline in its sales. Other companies that experienced sales...
- Major Chemicals Drown in Red Ink In 4Q Marred by High Feedstocks. Chang, Joseph // Chemical Market Reporter;2/3/2003, Vol. 263 Issue 5, p1
Focuses on the sales performance of chemical industry during 2002 fourth quarter in the U.S. Profit earned by the Dow Chemical Co.; Factors contributing to reduction of employees; Earnings and cash flows of Methanex Corp.
- Huntsman to Acquire Dow's Ethyleneamines Biz. // Chemical Market Reporter;02/12/2001, Vol. 259 Issue 7, p3
Reports that Huntsman Corp. is buying Dow Chemical Co.'s global ethyleneamines business. What the sale includes; Huntsman's gains from the acquisition; Global ethyleneamines market share of each company.
- Ethylene Glycol Producers Cut Capacity. Brown, Robert // Chemical Market Reporter;8/12/2002, Vol. 262 Issue 5, p1
Reports the closure of chemicals industry in the U.S. Inefficacy of the glycol business of Basf Corp.; Decision of Hunstman Corp. to stop the production of purified ethylene glycol; Petroleum facility temporarily closed by Dow Chemicals Co.
- Markets & economics. // Chemical Week;11/24/1999, Vol. 161 Issue 44, p47
Presents news briefs on chemical industry from around the world as of November 1999. Ethylene unit at Freeport, Texas planned to restart by Dow Chemical; Butadiene unit at Port Neches, Texas returned to full rates by Huntsman; Announcement of Olin regarding the prices for all grades of...
- Dow Chemical. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;7/24/2015, pA02
The article reports on the financial performance of Dow Chemical in the second quarter of 2015 including the growth in its earnings per share (EPS) by 23%, drop in its revenue by 13.7%, and decline in the sales of its plastics and materials and chemicals by 15.9% and 13.8%, respectively.
- business In Brief. // Chemical Market Reporter;9/27/2004, Vol. 266 Issue 10, p26
Reports business developments related to chemical industry as of September 2004. Expansion plan of DSM Engineering Plastics; Closure Methanex Corp.'s plant in Texas; License agreement between Kereos and Dow Chemical Co.
- Commodity Earnings Come in Surprisingly Strong. Walsh, Kerri // Chemical Week;4/30/2003, Vol. 165 Issue 16, p9
Focuses on the first-quarter earnings of commodity petrochemical makers as of April 30, 2003. Dow Chemical Co.; Methanex; Nova Chemicals.
- news briefs. // Chemical Week;8/5/2013, Vol. 175 Issue 21, p4
The article presents chemical industry news briefs as of August 5, 2013. The chemical company Methanex Corp. has made an investment in the renewable methanol company Carbon Recycling International. The investment firm Aurora Capital Group has sold the adhesives manufacturer Adco Global to the...