EU JOINS THE US IN CHINESE WHISPERINGS
- CEFIC says Europe must address competitiveness to ease woes. Chynoweth, Emma // Chemical Week;11/10/1993, Vol. 153 Issue 17, p23
Reports on European Chemical Industry Council's contribution to the European Commission's proposed initiative for growth, competitiveness and employment. Steady European chemical trade balances from 1986-1993; Assessment of the carbon energy tax.
- EU faces tough few years. BEACHAM, WILL // ICIS Chemical Business;1/3/2011, Vol. 279 Issue 1, p10
The article focuses on the challenges that the chemical industry in European Union (EU) will face in 2011, based on an outlook event organized in December 2010 in Brussels, Belgium by European Chemical Industry Council (Cefic). It states that the industry has to fight to maintain its competitive...
- Untitled. Davis, Nigel // ICIS Chemical Business;2/3/2014, Vol. 285 Issue 5, p27
The article reports that chemical producers oppose climate policies proposed by the European Commission in 2014. Topics discussed include the European Union's (EU) 40% by 2030 greenhouse gases reduction target and a 27% renewables power generation goal, the European Chemical Industry Council's...
- EU polymers production falls, drags down EU output. Frantanzas, Sotirios // Chemical Week;10/15/2012, Vol. 174 Issue 26, p25
The article discusses chemical prices and a decrease in the production of chemicals in the European Union (EU) as of October, 2012, according to the European Chemical Industry Council (CEFIC).
- Chemical Industry achieved successful pre-registration. // Chemical Business;Dec2008, Vol. 22 Issue 12, p63
The article reports that the chemical industry has successfully concluded the pre-registration phase of the REACH process. The European Chemical Industry Council (Cefic) felt that its efforts in helping its members and the ongoing cooperation with ECHA have contributed to such success. The...
- CEFIC DOWNGRADES 2009 EU OUTPUT FORECAST. Alperowicz, Natasha; Young, Ian // Chemical Week;6/8/2009, Vol. 171 Issue 16, p17
The article reports on the decision of the Conseil Europeen des Federations de l'Industrie Chimique (Cefic) to downgrade its 2009 output forecast for the European Union (EU) chemical industry. The company is expecting that production of chemicals in the region will decline by 11%, with growth...
- European chemicals industry faces fragile recovery: Cefic. // Popular Plastics & Packaging;Mar2014, Vol. 59 Issue 3, p63
The article reports that the recovery of the chemicals industry in European Union (EU) remains fragile despite its output growth of 2.8% in November 2013, according to the European Chemical Industry Council based on the Chemicals Trends Report of Cefic.
- Cefic to set up ReachCentrum to facilitate implementation of REACH. // Chemical Business;Jun2006, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p81
The article reports on the establishment of the ReachCentrum, an independent service unit of the European Chemical Industry Council, to help companies prepare for the European Union legislation on the Registration, Evaluation and Authorization of Chemicals. The offering of the ReachCentrum will...
- ISO 4000 approaches Emas status. Scott, Alex // Chemical Week;4/16/1997, Vol. 159 Issue 15, p21
Presents how the European Commission Environment committee allows companies certified under International Standard Organization (ISO) 14000 to qualify for the European Union's Eco-Management and Audit Scheme (Emas). Expectations of European Chemical Industry Council; Comments of British...