ICI to sell Uniqema and cut 2300 jobs
- ICI restructures specialties to form one global business. Harvilicz, Helena // Chemical Market Reporter;12/14/98, Vol. 254 Issue 24, p30
Reports on ICI's formation of Uniqema, a global specialties business that will become operational on January 1, 1999. ICI specialty units comprising the business; Products to be offered by Uniqema; Company's plan to add improved capability from a technology standpoint; Transformation of ICI...
- Paints buoy ICI profits. // Process Engineering;Feb2004, Vol. 85 Issue 2, p4
Reports that ICI posted net profits for 2003, a performance below that of 2002. Decline in profits in all of the companies ICI bought from Unilever in 1997; Distinction of the paints business as the only business unit which saw an increase in profits; Profit loss of oleochemicals business,...
- ICI Sells Oleochemicals Unit to Management Group. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;1/26/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 4, p24
Deals with the agreement of ICI to sell its fatty acids and glycerine plant in Melbourne, Australia, which is operated by its Uniqema subsidiary, to a management buyout group. Annual sales of the Melbourne plant; Previous owner of the plant; Strategy of Uniqema.
- ICI's Uniqema Names America's Executives. Walsh, Kerri // Chemical Week;4/14/1999, Vol. 161 Issue 14, p16
Outlines the corporate structure of ICI company for Uniqema, a specialty chemical business in the Americas. Appointment of Peter W. Johnson as president; Other appointed executives; Projected 1999 worldwide sales of Uniqema.
- Restructuring of Uniqema business. // Colourage;Dec99, Vol. 46 Issue 12, p79
Reports that Uniqema, a global specialty chemicals business comprised of several members of the ICI group, has announced in 1999 its new research and development structure for its specialties business in the American region.
- Where does downsizing lead? Bernstein, Sid // Advertising Age;4/12/1993, Vol. 64 Issue 15, p16
Comments on the call of the Saint Paul Cos. for downsizing despite the improvement of financial performance. Impact of downsizing on corporate profits; Increase in temporary or part-time employment; Decline in the significance of human power in several operations in the universe.
- Schulman Accelerates Restructuring Amid Proxy Fight. Seewald, Nancy // Chemical Week;1/7/2008, Vol. 170 Issue 1, p11
The article reports on the decision made by Schulman to accelerate its ongoing restructuring efforts aimed at improving profitability and earnings growth. Schulman says it took several steps during fiscal 2007 to improve profits in North America, including capacity and workforce reductions....
- AMCC Cutting 5% of Workforce. // Electronic News;8/1/2005, Vol. 51 Issue 31, pN.PAG
Reports on the decision of San Diego, California-based Applied Micro Circuits Corp. (AMCC) to reduce its workforce as part of its plan to restructure and reorganize its operations. Revenue of the company for the first quarter ended June 30, 2005; Pro forma net income of the company for fiscal...
- "Profits from performance" – ICI Uniqema organizes technical seminars in Surat & Ahmedabad. // Colourage;Apr2004, Vol. 51 Issue 4, p108
ICI is a company specializing in effect chemicals and coatings. It occupies leading positions in paints, surfactants, flavors and fragrances and industrial and food starch. ICI has introduced polyester technology during the 1940s. In India, it was the first company to manufacture and market...