THIS JUST IN
- BRIEFS. // Cable World (10427228);1/27/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p10
Presents news briefs on the cable television (TV) industry in the U.S. as of January 27, 2003. Ratings of original TV programs; Morning and midday shows to be added to the programming of CN8 of Comcast; Projection of Scripps Networks on its 2003 advertising sales.
- Upfront Sprints To Strong Start. Consoli, John // MediaWeek;6/3/2002, Vol. 12 Issue 22, p4
Provides information on the status of the broadcast television market as of June 2002. Projection on the 2002 to 2003 upfront dollar volume and cost-per-thousand viewers rates; Reason for the earlier movement of the broadcast upfront in 2002 than in 2001; Categories driving the growth in the...
- In Reality, It Was the Weirdest Sweeps Ever. Albiniak, Paige // Broadcasting & Cable;3/3/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 9, p20
Focuses on the performance of different television broadcasting networks in the U.S. in February 2003. Achievement of top rating by CBS in the category of total viewers; Reasons for the poor performance of NBC; Improvement in the ratings of ABC in the adult category.
- Sweeps Reveal Broom at the Top. Adalian, Josef; Bierbaum, Tom // Variety;11/30/98, Vol. 373 Issue 3, p19
Reports on the ratings earned by television networks in 1998 in winning the 18-34 viewers. Percentage drop in the rate of television usage by the audience segment; Reason for the fall of the National Broadcasting Co. (NBC) from dominance in November 1998; Reason for the success of CBS Inc.
- Moonves upbeat about UPN despite ratings dip. Schneider, Michael // Daily Variety;1/13/2003, Vol. 278 Issue 6, p9
Focuses on the challenges faced by the UPN television network in Los Angeles, California. Decline of program ratings; Plan of producing a sitcom on family life; Effort of improving distribution channels.
- THROUGH THE WIRE. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;10/29/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 44, p6
Reports developments related to television broadcasting as of October 2001 in the United States. Telecast of Mike Tyson-Brian Nielsen boxing provides a major rating boost to the premium service; Trading of the cable credentials of Broadcasting Cable Networks sports commentator Harold Ellis;...
- Argentine nets swap seats. Hudson, Peter // Variety;05/03/99, Vol. 374 Issue 11, p74
Reports on developments related to television broadcasting in Argentina as of May 3, 1999. Changes in ratings performance of television networks.
- Tyson-Lewis fight top card for pay-per-view in 2002. Wallenstein, Andrew // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;2/11/2003, Vol. 377 Issue 15, p8
Focuses on television programs which have collected highest revenue in the U.S. in 2002. Boxing match which has earned 2.5 billion dollars; Revenues earned by broadcast of motion pictures; Ratings of World Wrestling Entertainment programs.
- 'Millionaire' boosts auds for 2-year-old web NTV7. Khan, Bob // Variety;11/13/2000, Vol. 380 Issue 13, p104
Deals with the television broadcasting industry in Malaysia. Ratings of NTV7 as of November 2000; Television shows featured in NTV7; Competition between NTV7 and TV3, or Sistem Televisyen Malaysia Bhd; Operating profit reported by TV3 as of November 2000.