PEOPLE & CALENDAR
- MARKET SLATES H'WOOD EXECS. Guider, Elizabeth // Daily Variety;6/21/2006, Vol. 291 Issue 57, p2
The article reports on the participation of Hollywood executives as keynote speakers in the Mipcom television trade show in Cannes, France in October 2006. They include MGM's Harry Sloan, Disney's Anne Sweeney, ESPN's George Bodenheimer and NBC Universal's Beth Comstock. The article reports on...
- Just a glorified trade fair. Brown, Maggie // New Statesman;9/5/2005, Vol. 134 Issue 4756, p15
Discusses the conference of television executives in England in 2005. Comments about the conference and the speeches that were made; Comparison to previous conferences; Assumption that the festival has changed in spirit and focus; Lack of quality in television programming.
- Latam sports web PSN shuffles exex. Sutter, Mary // Daily Variety;08/30/2000, Vol. 268 Issue 62, p12
Reports that Latino sports network Pan-American Sports Network has promoted several of its executives. Appointment of Marie Caplain to the chief operating officer post; Expansion plans in the United States; Names of the other executives promoted.
- All the world's a stage. Nixon, Neil // IBE: International Broadcast Engineer;Mar/Apr2006, p46
Previews the 2006 National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) trade show and convention to be held in Las Vegas, Nevada. Coverage of the delivery and management of professional video and audio content; Companies which will demonstrate in the Next Gen Showcase area of NAB 2006; Technologies in...
- Filling Hi-Def's Holes. Dickson, Glen // Broadcasting & Cable;9/21/2009, Vol. 139 Issue 35, p14
Information about the International Broadcasting Convention (IBC) show in Amsterdam, Netherlands is presented. Vendors have pursued better interoperability to handle the various file formats used in high-definition (HD) production. Grass Valley has announced several HD system sales which include...
- Industryites cozy up at Arab confab. Meza, Ed // Variety;5/9/205, Vol. 398 Issue 12, p32
Reports on the first Arabia Conference in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Organizer of the event; Television broadcasting companies that send executives to attend the conference; Broadcast and marketing executives who attended the meeting.
- Cable's Personal Transformation. Burke, Steve // Multichannel News;4/4/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 14, p127
Comments on the importance of the 2005 National Show in San Francisco, California for the cable television industry. Improvement in the service offered by cable television; Highlights of the trade show; Information on leading cable television companies that will participate in the trade show.
- NATPE floor shows signs of rebound. Guider, Elizabeth; Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;1/19/2004, Vol. 282 Issue 15, p1
Reports on the highlights of the National Association of Television Program Executives conference in Las Vegas, Nevada. Increase in the number of attendance during the conference; Discussion on the problems of the business; Return of major companies in the conference.
- NAPTE back at the Bay. ELIZABETHY GUIDER // Daily Variety;3/29/2006, Vol. 290 Issue 64, p6
The article reports on the National Association of Television Program Executives' plan to hold its 2007 Conference and Exhibition on January 15 to 18, 2006 at the Mandalay Bay Resort in Las Vegas, Nevada. It discusses the related Mobile ++ Conference will be held concurrently. The dates for the...