Cable Revs Up Disney and News Corp
- News Corp print disappoints. // Printing World;8/21/2003, Vol. 283 Issue 8, p12
Reports on financial performance of Great Britain-based News Corp. for the first half of 2003 ending June 30. Profits incurred by News; Operating income achieved by News; Reason behind incurring profits.
- UPFRONT DIVERGENCE. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;2/11/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p39
The article reports on strong profits for media companies Walt Disney Co. and News Corp. in the U.S. as of February 2008 resulting from growth in their cable networks. Views about the Writers Guild of America strike and its implications for the cable and broadcast industry are cited. News Corp....
- Disney tops on theme parks. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;11/ 8/2013, pA02
The media giant said Q4 EPS jumped 13% to 77 cents, beating views by a penny. Revenue rose 7% to $11.56 bil, above estimates for $11.4 bil. Operating income at
- Disney's Outlook Remains Sunny. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;2/7/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p35
Reports on the financial performance of Walt Disney Co. in the fiscal first quarter released in February 2005. Increase in company earnings; Percentage rise in its operating income; Discussion on revenue and operating growth increases powered by gains at cable networks.
- DISNEY AND NEWS CORP. DISCUSS FUTURE OF HULU. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;3/11/2013, Vol. 35 Issue 10, p8
The article reports on discussions between Walt Disney Co. and News Corp. about their stakes in Hulu.
- DISNEY BIZ GETS DIZZY; Post-firings, studio sees big bulge in profits. Zeitchik, Steven // Daily Variety;8/10/2006, Vol. 292 Issue 27, p1
The article provides an overview of the financial performance of Walt Disney Co. The company had massive gains in its fiscal third quarter earnings, with a net income of $1.13 billion. It sees an increase of 39 percent over the April to June period in 2005. Meanwhile, the company's subsidiary...
- TV stars for News Corp. Skeffington, Robert // BRW;5/13/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 18, p80
Reports that News Corp. announces a net profit for the first quarter of 2004 which reflects an increase from the same period of 2003. Increase in the operating income from the company's television segment.
- CABLE, SATELLITE DRIVE NEWS GROWTH. // Multichannel News;5/1/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 18, p49
Reports on the potential growth of News Corp. in the U.S. after the fiscal third quarter in 2006 according to the forecast of Aryeh Bourkoff, cable and satellite debt and equity analyst at UBS. Expected increase in revenue, operating income and earnings per share of News Corp.; Achievement rise...
- News Corp. doubles buyback plan, profits. // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;5/16/2006, Vol. 394 Issue 22, p51
The article reports that entertainment giant News Corp. Ltd. said on Wednesday that it has doubled the size of its share-buyback program to $6 billion and more than doubled its fiscal third-quarter profit, driven by an asset sale gain and strong operating income growth at its broadcast and cable...