Networks Bolster Fare For Multiple Platforms
- Guilds streaming mad. DiOrio, Carl // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;9/5/2006, Vol. 395 Issue 49, p1
The article focuses on issues related to compensating people involved in television programs which are downloaded from the Internet. Executives of television networks argue that since streaming is considered to be a means to promote television programming, there is no need to provide any extra...
- CALENDAR. // Multichannel News;10/20/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 41, p44
A calendar of events of different television networks in 2008 is presented, including the IPTV Corp. World Forum on October 20-21 in Eastern Europe, the Annual Meeting by the Kentucky Cable Telecommunications Association on October 22-23, and the Telco TV 2008 at Anaheim Convention Center in...
- VERIZON FIOS BOWS FOX'S UTILISMA. Flores, Angelique // Home Media Magazine;7/19/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 29, p22
The article reports on the launch of the Spanish-language lifestyle network Utilisima U.S. by Fox International Channels.
- Broadcasters take TV ideas from web. Davies, Jessica // New Media Age;7/22/2010, p09
The article reports on the growing confidence shown by British broadcasters like BBC and UKTV on their online programmes as both a testing ground for their new television (TV) content and as a source for getting talent or concepts.
- Playing the Online Field. Miller, Stuart // Multichannel News;11/24/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 46, p30
The article discusses the advantages of live streaming for sporting events. It is stated that live streaming is providing new opportunities to fans, TV networks, leagues, Internet providers and advertisers. It is mentioned that streaming provides a personalized sports experience on the Internet...
- THE LOWDOWN ON VIDEO-ON-DEMAND. Long, Danielle // New Media Age;12/20/2007, p17
The article highlights some of the notable developments on video-on-demand in 2007. The video-on-demand market was booming by the time Internet television (ITV) launched the Internet TV portal itv.com in May. A number of broadcasters took a step forward by launching their own ITV services,...
- ESPN's Skipper: Make 'TV Everywhere' Easier. // Multichannel News;6/11/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 24, p8
The article informs that according to the president of television network ESPN John Skipper the internet television verification system "TC Everywhere," should be simplified for better viewership.
- ESPN Bows Live-TV App for Apple Devices. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;4/11/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 15, p30
The article reports that ESPN has extended its live-television (TV) application service for various mobile devices of Apple Inc. including iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Apple to Launch Subscription Service This Fall. GRUENWEDEL, ERIK // Home Media Magazine;3/23/2015, Vol. 37 Issue 6, p1
The article announces that technology company, Apple will launch online TV serÂvice with 25 channels, including ESPN and FX and states that the move will pose a major challenge to multichannel video program distribution companies like Sony Network Entertainment and Dish network.