Lakers-Suns Tilt Sets Record
- NBA IS MAGIC FOR ABC. Kissell, Rick // Daily Variety;6/10/2009, Vol. 303 Issue 46, p5
The article reports on the impressive ratings brought by the National Basketball Association (NBA) Finals" to ABC Television Network against its rival primetime shows in key demographics as well as for premieres on cable in the U.S. NBA's Game 1, Orlando Magic against the Los Angeles Lakers gave...
- NBC Shaqs up with Lakers for record Game 7 ratings. Littleton, Cynthia // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;06/06/2000, Vol. 363 Issue 18, p8
Reports on the high ratings received by the National Broadcasting Co.'s Game 7 telecast of the 2000 National Basketball Association playoffs between the Los Angeles Lakers and Portland Trail Blazers. Average rating received by the telecast; Significant role played by Shaquille O'Neal during the...
- Quite the hoopla. Hibberd, James // Hollywood Reporter;6/16/2009, Vol. 410 Issue 12, p6
The article offers information on the increase in viewership during American Broadcasting Co.'s (ABC) broadcasting of National Basketball Association (NBA) playoffs. Reportedly the NBA Finals gave ABC the second most-watched basketball championships in the past five years. On an average, the...
- NBA Playoffs Add Up to An Air Ball for Turner. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;6/4/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 23, p86
Reports the decline in average ratings of the National Basketball Association (NBA) playoffs in the United States in 2000. Causes of viewership decrease; Determination of management to renew NBA broadcasting contract; Interest of ESPN television on acquiring NBA broadcasting rights.
- HOOPSTERS ON HIGH. Kissell, Rick // Daily Variety;04/25/2000, Vol. 267 Issue 37, p2
Reports on the high ratings received by the National Broadcasting Co. for its television coverage of the National Basketball Association playoffs which started on April 23, 2000. Names of the teams which played during Sunday's games; Decrease in the basketball ratings received by the company...
- Cablers hoop it up with NBA. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;5/7/2003, Vol. 279 Issue 22, p1
Reports on the viewership of the National Basketball Association (NBA) Playoffs in the U.S. as of May 2003. Average household ratings of the playoffs; Citations of the networks showing the games; Comparative ranking of the NBA Playoffs and the Winston Cup Race.
- Preseason's Hot Shots. Cooper, Jim // MediaWeek;02/01/99, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p4
Discusses the 1999 household ratings received by the National Basketball Association (NBA) and its television outlets. Factors which reinvigorated the people's enthusiasm for the game; Plan of NBA to regionalize half of its telecasts; Details on the ratings received by NBA for various preseason...
- Ratings bounce NBA's way. Dempsey, John // Variety;03/15/99, Vol. 374 Issue 4, p28
Reports on the ratings of National Basketball Association (NBA) games in the United States. Expectations on television viewers' response to NBA games following a lockout; Average ratings in various television networks; Factors contributing to the ratings success of NBA games.
- Pro basketball ratings rebound. Donohue, Steve // Electronic Media;02/15/99, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p48
Reports that the ratings for the return of the National Basketball Association were above the 1998 average, despite concern that the lockout would stuff fan interest. Ratings of Turner Network Television and TBS; Household rating of the National Broadcasting Co.; National advertising sales.