Fox Sets iTunes Deal
- TV on the Net: Ready for Prime Time? McCracken, Harry // PCWorld;Apr2006, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p15
The article reports on the arrival of the day of the video download on the Internet. Every once in a while, a technological development switches into fast-forward mode without warning. If you downloaded a TV show across the Internet on October 11, 2005, chances are you were cheerfully trampling...
- Fox exex try to avoid peril of 'Temptation' Adalian, Josef // Daily Variety;01/09/2001, Vol. 270 Issue 26, p9
Reports on criticism received by Fox Television Entertainment Group from journalists over its decision to air the controversial reality-based series 'Temptation Island,' which sends four unmarried couples off to a remote island to see if any of them stray. Projects planned by the network for...
- Fox's 'guy' fights odds. Scheiner, Michael // Electronic Media;01/25/99, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p4
Reports on Fox Entertainment's animated sitcom `Family Guy' that will be launched after the 1999 Super Bowl game. Company's follow-up of the show with a special episode of the established animated series `The Simpsons'; Plot of the sitcom.
- News and views. // Broadcasting & Cable;11/7/94, Vol. 124 Issue 45, p85
Reports on near-term news program plans at Fox Incorporated. News executives' meeting with corporate executives; Production of `Full Disclosure' magazine show.
- Fox `Roars' in ratings. Schneider, Michael // Electronic Media;07/21/97, Vol. 16 Issue 30, p3
Presents information on the increase in Fox Entertainment viewers due to the television program `Roar.' What was `Roar' average in the Nielsen Media Research household rating; What strategy did Fox use for the 1997 summer.
- Fox Won't Retreat On Content. Battaglio, Stephen // Back Stage;07/30/99, Vol. 40 Issue 30, p4
Offers a look at the views of Doug Herzog, president at Fox Entertainment about the content of the sitcom `Action.' Demand of network audiences; Profane languages used in the sitcom; Priorities of Fox; Absence of advertiser resistance to the sitcom; Information on the sitcom `Malcolm in the...
- Apple Offers New Television Shows on iPod. Javier, Pedro Valle // Caribbean Business;12/29/2005, Vol. 33 Issue 51, p35
The article reports that Apple Computer Inc. is offering new television shows on iPod. An unprecedented lineup of new primetime, cable, late-night, and classic TV shows including primetime hits and late-night favorites may now be viewed on a computer or iPod available on the iTunes Music Store....
- UNIONS WANT SLICE OF VIDEO IPOD PIE. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Retailing;10/23/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 43, p10
Reports on the compensation expected by unions within the U.S. entertainment industry for television programs distributed on Apple Computer's new video iPod digital device as of October 2005. Television programs from ABC TV and Disney Channel that Apple Computer would soon begin offering; Price...
- Appie picks Eye skeins. Learmonth, Michael // Daily Variety;6/9/2006, Vol. 291 Issue 49, p4
The article reports that CBS Broadcasting Inc. has loaded six television programs for sale on Apple Computer's iTunes music store. The shows include "Survivor," "Numbers," "NCIS," "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation," "CSI: Miami," and "CSI: NY." It will be sold for $1.99 an episode. Episodes from...