AT&T's IPTV Plan OK in Connecticut
- Capitol Expenses. Eggerton, John // Broadcasting & Cable;6/5/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 23, p30
Discusses issues concerning video-franchise reform in the U.S. in 2006. Debate between telephone companies and cable television over the streamlining the video-franchising process; Telephone firms that are lobbying for a national video-franchising scheme to short-circuit local franchise...
- BellSouth, Cox vie for growing digital TV market. Volz, Matthew // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);05/10/99, Vol. 19 Issue 45, p4
Focuses on the competition between cable television provider Cox Communications Inc. and BellSouth Entertainment in providing digital television programming to residents in New Orleans, Louisiana. Digital television's use of wireless technology; Business operations; Marketing strategies.
- TELECOMMUNICATIONS COMPANIES. // Orange County Business Journal;8/17/2015, Vol. 38 Issue 33, p12
The article lists the information on Telecommunications companies like AT&T Inc., Verizon Communications Inc. and Cox Communications Inc. in Orange County, California including their website, associated brands and services offered.
- AT&T, Cox: Switching Channels. Bannan, Karen J. // Inter@ctive Week;07/12/99, Vol. 6 Issue 28, p10
Focuses on the agreement signed by Cox Communications and AT&T Corp. that will give one company larger system clusters in the Southeast and opportunity to unload subscribers. Terms of the deal; Significance of the deal to AT&T.
- Cox seen buying AT&T systems in La., Okla. Colman, Price // Broadcasting & Cable;06/21/99, Vol. 129 Issue 26, p6
Discloses the plans of AT&T Corp.'s Broadband & Internet Services unit to sell cable television systems with about 300,000 subscribers to Atlanta, Georgia-based Cox Communications. Possible sale of former Tele-Communications Inc. (TCI) systems in Baton, Louisiana and Tulsa, Oklahoma.
- Cox Closes AT&T Deal. // Multichannel News;03/20/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p43
Reports on Cox Communications Inc.'s disclosure that it has closed the exchange of several billions of dollars in AT&T Corp. stock for cable systems and other assets. Number of shares yielded by AT&T as part of the terms of the deal announced in July 1999.
- 10 STORIES THAT MATTER. // Multichannel News;1/12/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p3
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various articles within the issue on topics including telecommunication company AT&T's U-Verse's multiscreen applications, Weather Channel's headend technology, and statement of development of Cox Communications.
- Cable wins one in Weymouth. Colman // Broadcasting & Cable;11/15/99, Vol. 129 Issue 47, p59
Focuses on the cable access issue in Weymouth, Massachusetts. Proposed transfer of MediaOne's cable franchises to AT&T Corp.; Franchise sale without access provision.
- Outside the Beltway. // CableFAX Daily;3/3/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 42, p2
Reports that Comcast was dealt a blow in San Ramon, California, where AT&T convinced the City Council that IPTV wasn't a cable service and permitted the telecommunication company to enter the video market without getting a franchise agreement.