Court TV Joins Turner Fold
- Dobbs channels his energy into new CNNfn. Mandese, Joe // Advertising Age;1/8/1996, Vol. 67 Issue 2, p19
The article reports that Lou Dobbs, executive vice president and chief business news anchor of CNN, created CNNfn, an all-business news spin-off channel. He is responsible for programming of shows 12 hours each weekday. His goal is to make CNNfn accessible and attract a significant share of...
- In a single bound, TBS buys 'Clark' from WBTV. Robins, J. Max // Variety;10/9/95, Vol. 360 Issue 10, p27
In his first address to his Turner Broadcasting System Inc. staff since the announced merger with Time Warner Inc., Ted Turner said that the company purchased off-network rights to Warner Bros. TV's "Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman," according to sources. It was the first...
- In TV, `building' is under way. Battaglio, Stephen // Hollywood Reporter;9/25/95, Vol. 339 Issue 6, p7
Reports that the ramifications of Time Warner's acquisition of Turner Broadcasting System will be felt across the television industry. Cable News Network (CNN) to become TW's television division; Combination of resources of Time Inc. and CNN; New financial news service and all-sports news...
- CNNfn gets TW boost. // Broadcasting & Cable;12/4/95, Vol. 125 Issue 49, p64
Reports that Turner Broadcasting System's new financial news network, CNNfn, got a big boost with the news that its soon-to-be merger partner Time Warner will carry the new service on its New York City cable systems.
- Whose news to choose? McConville, Jim // Broadcasting & Cable;7/22/96, Vol. 126 Issue 31, p35
Reports on the issue as to which independent cable channel will Turner Broadcasting choose under the Federal Trade Commission's proposed Time Warner/Turner merger deal. Cable channel to compete with Turner-owned CNN; Possibility of carrying all three networks, CNN, Fox News and MSNBC.
- Worldwire. Shepherd, Lloyd; Katz, Michael // Broadcasting & Cable;10/9/95, Vol. 125 Issue 41, p60
Reports about news of global broadcasters. Implications for German news channel n-tv channel due to the merger between Time Warner and Turner Broadcasting; Launch of Turner Broadcasting network in Africa on October 1, 1995; Global expansion of Asia Business News (ABN) by PanAmSat's PAS-4...
- Ted's pic pact busts theatrical window. Dempsey, John // Variety;1/27/97, Vol. 365 Issue 12, p25
Reports on the motion picture deal between Time Warner Inc. and Ted Turner's cable television networks Turner Network Television and Turner Broadcasting System. Deal's impact on television broadcasting of films; Other television networks' reactions to the deal; Industry watchers' comments.
- Turner's Lazarus rises. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;3/12/2003, Vol. 278 Issue 48, p1
Reports on Turner Broadcasting System's consolidation of the programming and sales staffs of CNN, TNT, TBS, cartoon and all of its other cable networks under the management of Mark Lazarus. Resignation of Turner Entertainment Networks president Brad Siegel; Job responsibilities of Lazarus;...
- Turner mulling women's channel. Ross, Chuck // Electronic Media;03/15/99, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p3
Focuses on the plan of Time Warner to establish Turner Broadcasting System, a woman's cable network to compete against Lifetime Television and the planned Oxygen Media channel. CNN Productions President Pat Mitchell as lead candidate to run the Turner Broadcasting; Time Warner's optimism over...