How to hire and retain
- Nine key sessions you won't want to miss. Weber, Rick // Trailer / Body Builders;Jan2006, Vol. 47 Issue 3, p108
Presents an overview of sessions at the 2006 Work Truck Show and National Truck Equipment Association Convention. Session on the conflicts between parts and service departments; Overview of a session about simple and inexpensive hiring and retention tools; Background of the session offering...
- How to attract and keep employees in a tight job market. Sabol // Business Journal (Central New York);1999 Supplement HR Guide, Vol. 13, p9
Provides ways to attract and keep employees in a tight job market. Strategies for recruitment; Role of learning in the success of the company; Advantages of a company practicing the principle of learning organizations; Consideration of the employees as investments; Treatment of employment as...
- RESEARCH INTO ACTION: STRATEGIES FOR SUCCESSFUL RECRUITMENT AND RETENTION. // Parks & Recreation;Apr2002, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p46
Presents employee recruitment and retention strategies for the parks and recreation profession. Importance of educating high school students about careers in parks, recreation and leisure studies; Significance of offering financial assistance; Reasons for establishing mentoring and sustainable...
- Flexible work setups edge into mainstream. Coolidge, Shelley Donald // Christian Science Monitor;1/18/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 38, p21
Focuses on recruitment and retention of employees with offerings of compressed workweeks, flexible start and stop times, job sharing, flexible work schedules, and telecommuting.
- Your best source for finding new employees may be right beside you. Frederick, Eric // American Laundry News (Crain Communications Inc. (MI));Apr2002, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p4
Offers tips on recruitment and retention of employees. Information on how Employee Referral Program works; Reasons for the resignation of employees; Objective of an Employee Buddy System.
- Anything goes. // Fairfield County Business Journal;03/06/2000, Vol. 39 Issue 10, p12
Cites the different methods being used by employers to find and keep good workers.
- Retaining Valued Employees. McNally, J. Stephen // Pennsylvania CPA Journal;Winter2001, Vol. 71 Issue 4, p24
Presents recommendations for employers on how to successfully retain valued employees. Importance of successful recruiting; Development of an early warning system that identifies employees at risk of leaving; Design of a top-notch compensation program; Retention of employees as a prerequisite...
- Recruiting Outlook: Creative HR for 2003. Krell, Eric // Workforce (10928332);Dec2002, Vol. 81 Issue 13, p40
Discusses the plans of human resource (HR) professionals for addressing recruitment and staffing issues in 2003. Factors that affect the employee recruitment strategies of HR departments; Methods of recruitment to use during times of light hiring; Difficulties encountered in finding and...
- Talent attack. Birchfield, Damon // New Zealand Management;Apr2002, Vol. 49 Issue 3, p22
Presents strategies for organizations on hiring and retaining talented individuals. Information on the competitive advantage of hiring talented people; Details on the recruitment process; Tips for organizations on attracting talent. INSETS: START-UPS AND TALENT;THE TALENT MINDSET;HIERARCHY OF...