'07 means adjustments
- Volvo 2010 engines go to Talon. // Commercial Carrier Journal;Nov2007, Vol. 164 Issue 11, p25
The article reports on the delivery of five 2010-spec'd Volvo VN day engines equipped with selective catalytic reduction (SCR) by Volvo Trucks North America to Talon Logistics. Peter Karlsen, president and chief executive officer (CEO) of Volvo Trucks, said that the engine technology is a...
- New Approach To Emission Control. INMAN, JOHN W. // American Vegetable Grower;Jun2009, Vol. 57 Issue 6, p38
The article offers tips on complying with the Tier 4 exhaust emissions standards covering new trucks and off-the-road diesel vehicles to be implemented in the U.S. in 2010 and 2011. The standards for off-the-road engines or agricultural engines have been less strict compared to those for on-road...
- Plasma NOx 'em out. Richards, Paul // Commercial Carrier Journal;Jul2004, Vol. 161 Issue 7, p10
Features the Plasma Fuel Reformer from ArvinMeritor to reduce exhaust emissions. Effectiveness of the device to clean up nitrogen oxides; Benefits of the selective catalytic reduction systems; Function of the device in gasoline engines.
- Uncharted territory. Williams, Terry // Fleet Owner;Sep2004, Vol. 99 Issue 9, p104
Focuses on the resale value of used trucks or tractors with 2002-emissions compliant engines. Factors that should be taken into consideration when determining valuation adjustment; Resurgence in used truck values due to pre-buy activities that took place before the 2002 emissions deadline.
- Scania Euro 5 HCCI will cut NOx. Bunting, Alan // Motor Transport;7/19/2007, p10
The article reports that Scania will be able to meet Euro 5 NOx limits without the need for either Selective Catalytic Reduction or particulate traps thanks to technical spin offs from its research into Homogeneous Charge Combustion Ignition. The engines are due to be unveiled in October 2007 at...
- Volvo may bring diesels to U.S. by decade's end. Truett, Richard // Automotive News;6/19/2006, Vol. 80 Issue 6208, p35
The article reports on the plan of Ford Motor Co. to introduce new diesel passenger cars in the U.S. with the help of its volvo unit. However, Volvo automobiles lack an emission system that meet the European and U.S. standards. This puts a real challenge for the company. Only selective catalytic...
- Management briefing: turbochargers. Henry, Ian // Aroq - Just-Auto;Nov2013, preceding pi
The article provides information on the trends in turbocharger market, focusing on its growing usage, emission reduction, and technological aspects, relative to the report "Global light vehicle turbochargers market 2008 to 2028." It discusses the turbocharger market trends and developments in...
- Multiobjective optimization of feedforward control maps in engine management systems towards low consumption and low emissions. Hafner, Michael; Isermann, Rolf // Transactions of the Institute of Measurement & Control;2003, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p57
This paper describes a new approach towards a model-based optimization of internal combustion engine control maps. The goals of the optimization are ï¿½ at the same time ï¿½ minimum fuel consumption, low emissions and a good driveability. First the structure of a torqueoriented engine...
- CHAPTER EIGHT -- AIR/FUEL, EMISSION CONTROL AND EXHAUST SYSTEMS. // Yamaha V-Max, 1985-2007;2013, p236
The article discusses the complete service procedures for the air-fuel system, the emissions control system and the exhaust system in a motorcycle and specifications for the systems in the Yamaha motorbike is also presented.